Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Brooks also offer a pink Bengal stripe OCBD in the 3/$199 category:

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa..._Id=1399529&Parent_Id=207&default_color=Pink#

I picked up one each in pink, green and blue. The pink is more saturated than the benchmark solid pink OCBD when placed side by side, white intermix notwithstanding. Brooks also commissioned ties to pair with each shirt.

According to the associate, each store got an allotment of shirts, and while it's possible to transfer inventory from one store to another to obtain a proper size, when they're gone, they're gone.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
In non-iron? No thank you! I'd rather pay the $150.

·
Registered
6,477 Posts
With that sizing scheme, this is essentially a $150 sport shirt unless you are one of the five types it will fit.

I remember the old Carvel guy kvetching in an interview about fancy ice cream brands cutting into his business. "All ya gotta do is call it 'Le Whoopdedoo' and the yo-yos come running," he said.

Or Le Thom Browne.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Just a Black Fleece thing. Oddly sized, but I happen to fit into BB4 so I guess I'm fortunate.

One could get Mercer, but those things are so generously sized. As a slim guy, I can't do that. He's a very nice guy and gave me some "custom tailoring" options, but 4" off the chest simply isn't enough when they're so big in my neck size already. I guess it defeats the whole purpose of Mercer, but I wish they'd come out with a slim fit option.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Because it is red. What if I wanted a true pink? :)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I have 3 BF BB5's they all 3 fit differently. They do feel good, but they really need to get the sizing right. I got them on sale at $75 each. Try Gitman Bros. for a pink oxford button down you can get the for $79 each. or go to O'connells.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
How is the fit different? Please elaborate. Any less expensive makers that have one in slim fit would be welcome, which I don't think O'Connell's or Gitman Bros. does.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
The same shirt via Brooks Select is $127.50 in whatever size you want. It's just not on the website.
I guess I'll consider it, especially since Black Fleece stopped using side pleats on the back. :mad: The box pleat is okay, but so... ordinary. Only thing is that Brooks Brothers Slim Fit is "slim" to how a Hummer consumes a "little" more gas.

I wonder if I could get a 15 1/2" body if I ordered one in person.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.