Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a moment of what the Buddhists call satori: that, for recently joined forum members, I'm probably characterized in their minds as "that pompous jerk who's arguing about Astor & Black". Not so! On the old AAAC forum I was one of the more fun-loving, pomposity-hole-poking members... I've just been so busy lately, and some of my best foils have long since left AAAC.

So, to amuse the oldsters and confound the n00bs, this is a video I happened to make during the second half of the summer. It's a car video, because car stuff is "what I do", but I realized that for AAAC members there's some additional amusement to be had.

So:

How long does it take you to realize what shoes I'm wearing? The camera has trouble with the low light in the pedal box so it's not immediately obvious what color they are -- it keeps reverting to black and white.

I suspect the only person who will really be amused by this is JLib.

Secondary question: Is it really a sound idea to drive a 500hp car around a racetrack in leather soles?

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Dave Marcis ran nearly 900 races in NASCAR's Cup Series, including 30+ Daytona 500's; but became almost as well known for wearing leather soled wingtip dress shoes when he raced. :icon_smile_big:

https://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=number71fs4.jpg

Cruiser
Gunboat wingtips . . . is there anything they can't do?

Lord, how I wish my father was alive so I could show him this picture. The man swore by his wingtips. He would love this.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I just had a moment of what the Buddhists call satori: that, for recently joined forum members, I'm probably characterized in their minds as "that pompous jerk who's arguing about Astor & Black". Not so! On the old AAAC forum I was one of the more fun-loving, pomposity-hole-poking members... I've just been so busy lately, and some of my best foils have long since left AAAC.

So, to amuse the oldsters and confound the n00bs, this is a video I happened to make during the second half of the summer. It's a car video, because car stuff is "what I do", but I realized that for AAAC members there's some additional amusement to be had.

So:

How long does it take you to realize what shoes I'm wearing? The camera has trouble with the low light in the pedal box so it's not immediately obvious what color they are -- it keeps reverting to black and white.

I suspect the only person who will really be amused by this is JLib.

Secondary question: Is it really a sound idea to drive a 500hp car around a racetrack in leather soles?
So that I didn't go off as some "confounded n00b" (zero's replacing the letter "o" to maintain the whole Johnny Mnemonic "vibe") I did read your post about Astor and Black prior to responding to this new post. I have to say I would like to see this "more fun-loving, pomposity-hole-poking member" if he would show up to replace the pedantic narcissist administering the self-important pop quiz we might have something. As for your "secondary" question I think that the question itself implies that its probably not advisable and yet you do it anyway.

So that you don't get the impression that I am doing more than poking holes in your pomposity I would like to suggest a shirt you might like:

Welcome back.

p.s. you can not experience "just a moment" of Satori, what you experienced is called "Kensho", that is something a Buddhist can experience for a duration lasting a moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.