Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that both Andrew & Richard (the H's in H&H) will be in DC next month. What are the prices/fabric selection like? Is it MTM or just MTO? MTO being, you can choose your fabric/collar/cuffs, but the body of the shirt is cut from a standard size. I just received my H&H slim fit order, and while it only fits pretty well, the quality is superb. I'd be interested in a true MTM so I can get a better fit than the standard slim fit they offer.

Also, I read in some older threads that Hilditch & Key make a slim fit range, but I couldn't find anything on their site, and when I sent an email they referred me to their store on Jermyn street. Which is a bit out of my way. So my question there would be, does H&K still make RTW slim fits? And also, how is the price/fabrics when H&K does a US visit?

Sorry if this is rehashing old threads, I did a search and didn't turn up too much on any of this.

· Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
The "stock specials" listed on the website are MTM as an Englishman would see it-a standard template with you getting to choose stylistic features but nothing else. H&H do offer true bespoke as well but prices start at £185 per shirt I believe with a minimum order of 4.

It's worth mentioning that the H&H MTM and bespoke shirts are cut on Jermyn Street but made by Russell and Hodge in Bloomsbury. If you go directly to them you can't get the H&H exclusive fabrics but everything else is the same for far less. Personally having seen 2 bespoke shirts made by them for my father and 1 from New and Lingwood made by Sean O'Flynn for me I would recommend Mr. O'Flynn. I believe he now makes overseas visits again and I've never read a bad word about his shirts here. N&L also make occasional US visits I believe and their customer service was superb.

Hope this helps a little,

Chris.

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's worth mentioning that the H&H MTM and bespoke shirts are cut on Jermyn Street but made by Russell and Hodge in Bloomsbury. If you go directly to them you can't get the H&H exclusive fabrics but everything else is the same for far less. Personally having seen 2 bespoke shirts made by them for my father and 1 from New and Lingwood made by Sean O'Flynn for me I would recommend Mr. O'Flynn. I believe he now makes overseas visits again and I've never read a bad word about his shirts here. N&L also make occasional US visits I believe and their customer service was superb.
Thanks for the info. Too bad Mr O'Flynn's website hasn't updated its "US Dates" section since Autumn 2007!

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know if buttons are included on the list of items that can be special-ordered? I love the fabric of my new OTR Harvie & Hudson shirts, but I really prefer barrel cuffs and thicker MoP buttons. They don't have to be Borrelli-size behemoths, but the stock MoP buttons are frighteningly thin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.