Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally posted by archduke

In Evelyn Waugh's 'Vile Bodies' a gossip columnist invents non existant characters and fashions. Green bowler hats is one and the other is black suede shoes to go with black tie. Soon people are trying to copy this 'fashion'.

Invents??? Au contraire. My eye is just a bit keener than others and I have a gift for seeing fashions well before they become the rage. All one has to do is "Ask Andy." Today's highlight: the return of double-breasted seersucker suits with fuscia socks and black reverse calf monk strap shoes. Also I am told that certain rather avant garde gentlemen are now setting aside their Patek Philippes in favor of plastic digital timepieces that some trendsetters are even wearing with formal attire. How dashing!!! But the true trendsetters are those wonderful Americans who have taken to wearing old school and regimental neckties even though they never had any connection to those establishments. What a wonderful way to show the egalitarian nature of the New World while wearing the most conservative of attire. What will those Yanks think of next?????

Mr. Chatterbox
London Daily Excess

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.