Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of picking up a pair of A-E Drydens - would brandy or brown be the best color? I am thinking of use primarily with sport coats/blazers and occasionally with suits. I like the brandy a lot but the brown looks better for wearing with suits. What does everyone think? Here are some pictures:

Brandy:

Brown:

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
My choice would be the brandy Drydens but, I agree with your initial assessment...the color would not be the best color for pairing with a (more formal) suit. However, brandy colored shoes would be smashing with an olive colored suit/trousers

·
Registered
371 Posts
I own the Dryden in brown, and it wears well with suits. The brandy might too, but it's certainly less conservative. When I'm wearing suits, I tend to prefer less flashy shoes, so I would save the brandy for a blucher that you might wear on more casual occasions. I don't think you will go wrong with the brown AE Dryden.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brandy would pair well with brown trousers, but how would it go with a blazer/sport coat combination like a navy blazer or black/white herringbone sport coat and grey/charcoal trousers? I can stick to black for my suits but I really need something in the wingtip genre for my blazer/grey sport coat combo - the only browns I have today are split toe bluchers.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I wore my Brandy Drydens with a grey suit this past week. Excellent combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.