Men's Clothing Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mixing in an element of formality, as with the slanted hem, seems to me a little forced.
I understand your take. Not mine obviously, or I wouldn't have spent an entire evening (Astros won) remaking the hem, but a sensible response with a rationale for the preference.

A technical note, upon which this entire thing is based. And I doubt if it has been explained this way before. A slanted pant cuff is an optical trick; it is not meant to be noticed. What is to be noticed is the rear of the shoe covered by pant without the pant slopping over the front, which is to say that in reality the harmony created draws no attention at all, whereas a sock-showing rear or a pooled front might. That you as a viewer know that the pant has a slant is only because I let you in on it by, one, telling you, and two, by purposefully setting the lens of the camera two inches from the ground to take the initial picture, a position in which a real life passerby (omitting the occasional sprawled out drunk) seldom finds himself.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts