Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boots from j. Gilbert still haven't arrived(grrrr), but the shoe mart has #8 indys in stock.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I went to visit and took the plunge. They have the 'George' boot in stock as well, a cool version of the chukka.

Get 'em now---I here they are all going fast.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Guilty:devil:

Shoemart is an awesome store though. It is worth at least an hour's drive for anyone within range. They also carry Alden seconds, which are not listed on the website. I saw a few unique things, like a #8 wingtip high boot, similar to the one Tom stocks (in 8.5 D). They also had a 2nd in the LHS in whiskey in 9E. The shell seconds are $369, and suede and calf are $269--a pretty good deal, as you often cannot find a flaw, and some of the ones you can find are in in the lining, which cannot be seen.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Katie from J Gilbert called today and mine are on the way. It just stinks waiting six months for one of two pair in my size and have them pop up on SM. I think mine have a double sole not commando, I honestly don't remember.

·
Registered
643 Posts
They look fantastic. I think they look better with eyelets than they would with speed hooks, and you don't have to worry about your pants or other things getting caught on the hooks.
Thank you, and good point. ;) Also, I have had the paint chip off the hooks---forgot about that.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They finally arrived yesterday. They have commando sole and speed laces and are beautiful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.