Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in northern Michigan and the snow has already started...I'm looking to spend about $500 on a wool/cashmere blend full-length overcoat for regular use...Hickey (not HF) makes a nice charcoal one, but it's about $1K...any recommendations? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I got a nice brown herringbone wool overcoat with buttons all the way up (what I wanted) and raglan sleeves from BB last year on a sale (maybe December, maybe before). It was a great sale, still not a cheap coat. If you can wait, if not I really don't know what to tell you but to check Sierra Trading Post, they usually have a good selection, that it is about fit.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Do not look for a specific designer, look for quality and the style you want with something like an overcoat. Some good designers have inferior quality overcoats, while some ok designers have really good overcoats.

I have a black/grey mix double-breasted herringbone overcoat from Prada. Its RRP price in the UK was £625; however, I got mine on sale for £380. Something like that in the US would probably cost $625 or less, normal price. Always been complimented on it.

It is worth investing the money on a good overcoat. They look great and last for years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.