Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your four favourite shoos in your collection?

The only shoos that qualify are shoos where the sole is stitched to the upper (good year welted, blake stitched etc).

Descibe the shoos. Are they rubber sole or leather sole.

Why do you like those shoos (the top 4)?

lnterested to hear your reply's: The Shooman.

GR8MAN (The shooman) B8MAN.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Hmm, I don't have a huge selection of shoes (only about 10 or 12 or so "proper" pairs), so my choices are limited:

1) dark brown Ferragamo captoes with woven leather mesh between the polished captoe/heel/eyelet areas
2) light tan Paul Smith loafers with funky writing on the soles
3) mock-croc Oliver Sweeney loafers
4) dark tan Loake 1880 Durhams that I'm slowly trying to antique

1 is just very different and works well both with suits, lending a slightly rakish air, and with more casual clothes. Plus it's a real winner in summer.

2 & 3 are plain fun. All about the design; though the construction is far for awful either. Definitely not to everyone's (even most people's) taste I guess, but I like them and they're fun to wear.

4 is just a very versatile and comfortable shoe and I'm enjoying trying to develop an interesting patina.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Shooman:

Well, let's see. I can only have four favorites?

OK, then.

- Brown cordovan Alden cap-toe w/brouging on the toe. These are really a beautiful shoe. The quality is amazing, and there is all sorts of antiquing on the sole and heel counter.

- Russett suede Tod's chukka boots. Very versatile. I can wear these with almost any outfit from a blue pinstripe suit to anything tweed.

- Dark brown Grenson Country wingtip boots. Versatilty wins again! These have a Goodyear rubber lugged sole. I usually travel in these. Another pair that I can wear with just about anything from jeans on up.

- Black J&M Aristocraft calf-skin chukka boots. IMO, very elegant. These look good with greys, blues and even dark browns. I usually wear these if we are going out at night. Made in the USA, by the way (about 10 years old).

All of the above are quite comfortable shoes/boots. I guess that my fifth fave would have to be my tan calf skin Luchesse cowboy boots. Another pair that dresses up or down quite easily. Quite comfortable too!

Regards!

CitizenK

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dark brown Helmut Lang chelsea boots.

Adidas Superstar 35th Anniversary "London" sneakers. (Don't fit the rules at the top of the thread? Don't care.)

Tod's desert boots with monkstrap-like buckle

My crappy, beat up, hole in the toe old brown Ferragamo Studio bit loafers that I literally walked all across Europe in (stolen luggage) after undergrad.

When I buy a pair of brown pebblegrain JL Jermyns they will replace one of those shoes. I think the Lobb pebblegrain double-monk is the most elegant men's shoe ever designed, but to this point in my life spending that much money on a pair of shoes has been an unacceptable indulgence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.