Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Partner / Administrator
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across an article from Mr Magazine about the Editor's top 12 Must-Have picks from MRket and Project.

Thought I'd share some of my favorites and see what everyone thought.

Boots from Heinrich Dinkelacker

Footwear Shoe Outdoor shoe Walking shoe Font

A scarf from Robert Graham

Outerwear One-piece garment Purple Wrap Dress

Dress shoes from Robert Talbott
Brown Dress shoe Font Fashion accessory Brand

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Just came across an article from Mr Magazine about the Editor's top 12 Must-Have picks from MRket and Project.

Thought I'd share some of my favorites and see what everyone thought.

Boots from Heinrich Dinkelacker

View attachment 19802

A scarf from Robert Graham

View attachment 19803

Dress shoes from Robert Talbott
View attachment 19804
I'll pass on the Dinkelackers, Graham noted for fashion forward design and colorways not suited to this old codger but not a bad looking scarf. The Talbott boots very similar to a pair of Shipton & Heanage I have, nice looking, versatile.

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
What going on with those HD boots?

He chukka is nice but too much going on. I prefer less ornamentation on mine.

Nothing says “I’m middle aged and have cashed it in” quite like Robert Graham sportswear.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
^^I like RogerP's response style. ;)
Mine would be; No, maybe, and yes.
I should add that there's not much wrong with the shoes, it's just that I can't fathom how I could overlook the looooooong list of tremendously appealing options from actual shoe manufacturers to land on such a purchase from Robert Talbott.

Also, I could definitely get behind a pair of Dinkelacker boots. Just not THIS particular pair.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
When I first saw Dinkelacker boots, I thought,finally a menswear guide that has reasonable choices.

Then I saw the pic.

My next thought was “Of all the Dinkelacker boots in the world, YHIS is the pair they chose? Followed by “how the h**l did Dinkelacker come up with this monstrosity.

The RG scarf is not my cup of tea, but not as hideous as I was expecting.

The RT boots are meh.

·
Super Moderator
488 Posts
Maybe it's one of those must-have lists that are mainly determined by the sponsors and advertisers than from carefully researching what is (or will become) 'hot or not'.

A former editor of a men's style magazine once told me that feature articles or lists like these are mostly based on advertisers or sponsors - not because of the monetary connection, but simply because it saved the journalists a lot of legwork. Why use time to do research in the field, when there is a pile of merchandise on your desk to choose from...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.