Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... be getting a colonoscopy.

I make it a point to do something special, something that will commemorate and exemplify this special day in the American state.

(And, if you believe the television (I can't seem to get away from the damned things ... they're everywhere!), then you would believe that, for some reason, this inauguration is more "historic" than others.)

So, every four years, on the 20th day of January, like proverbial clockwork, the revolting display of our imperial coronations reminds me to get the old plumbing checked out. It only seems fitting.

If there's any time left over, I will be taking care of some other unpleasant tasks, like cleaning the gutters, or scooping the filth out the grease trap outside my kitchen window. If any of you gentlemen use septic systems, this might be a good day to get them serviced as well.

The orgy of statism and aggrandizement of brutality, oppression, and indefensible crimes against countless millions, dressed up in vomit-worthy pageantry, will just have to go on without me.

(By the way, I am also reminded of a useful rule of thumb -- the degree of freedom enjoyed by the people is inversely proportional to the amount of security to the head of state.)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
(By the way, I am also reminded of a useful rule of thumb -- the degree of freedom enjoyed by the people is inversely proportional to the amount of security to the head of state.)
Once upon a time, my grandmother got upset with the President of the United States of America. She boarded a train in her sleepy little hometown, spend two days travelling to Washington, D.C. and walked right up to the front door of the White House and asked to speak to the president. After giving him an earfull, she took the same train and went home. If I was to attempt the same trip today, I would be arrested before I ever got on the train in that sleepy little town.

·
Registered
527 Posts
glad your getting the colonoscopy, perhaps the doctor will find you something useful up there. for the rest of us who love the constitution and liberty - you cannot diminish the glory of this day - god bless the president of the united states

·
Registered
527 Posts
where else but America

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our Founding Fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake. And so to all other peoples and governments who are watching today, from the grandest capitals to the small village where my father was born: know that America is a friend of each nation and every man, woman, and child who seeks a future of peace and dignity, and that we are ready to lead once more."

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for the rest of us who love the constitution and liberty - you cannot diminish the glory of this day - god bless the president of the united states
Either the Constitution permits this horrid state of affairs, or it was powerless to prevent it.

What a sad, petty, small man.
To appease your finely-tuned sense of justice and high morals, I can assure you that I feel this way about Republicans as well as Democrats.

In any event, the fact that you are a slavish worshiper of State violence (so long as it is conducted with the requisite layer of leftist propaganda smeared over it like so much bullsh*it) tells me all that I need to know about your level of moral corruption.

Are you sure you aren't getting a colonoscopy to commemorate the fact that you are an a**hole?
I think it is important to point out the fetid, stinking nature of the state in general and the U.S. government in particular.

Let's say that you know a woman who has been in 6 abusive, violent relationships in the last 3 years. And every time it is the same story -- she falls head-over-heels in luuuuuv with some guy she just met. She goes all moon-eyed over him, quickly giving him access to her bank account, lets him use her car, gives up all kinds of personal favors to him. And, the same pattern emerges -- before long she's in the hospital with a black eye and a chipped tooth, calling the guy all sorts of nasty names. Always the same story.

So, let's say this perpetual victim of abuse comes to you one day and tells you all about this new guy she's met, how he's so dreamy, that he's a real keeper, different from all the rest, and as soon as his parole officer lets him leave the county, he and his pit bull are going to move in with her.

What do you do? Lie to her and tell her you are happy? It's not like falling in love and getting all misty over a guy is somehow bad. Are you "the a**hole" merely because you see what's coming? Or would it be obvious to you that the moon-eyed fantasy at the beginning of these abusive relationships is part of the problem -- that it facilitates and enables the pattern of abuse to continue.

I think it would be cruel to fail to do what you could, as early as you could, to prevent the pattern from repeating, yet again. Clearly, this woman has some psychological deficiency, which moves her to not only tolerate but actively seek out abusive relationships.

It seems particularly cruel to say nothing when the newest guy in question, before he even moved into her house, has made all sorts of incredibly creepy but totally believable promises about how she is going to have to make major (but unnamed) "sacrifices," and her children will have to serve in a , as though they were slaves.

I would think that smart people would know that the parade and pageantry of multi-billion dollar inaugurations is an integral part of the overall sickness, and is in fact part of a well-orchestrated propaganda campaign to get you to ignore the ugly truth.

·
Registered
527 Posts
he (Obama) may have been speaking to you Phinn, as all your arguments have been around for some time - the same old whining and complaining...

“What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them, that the stale political arguments that have consumed us for so long, no longer apply.”

he seems intent on at least trying to move ahead (of the past 16 years at least)

“We have chosen hope over fear.”

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
To appease your finely-tuned sense of justice and high morals, I can assure you that I feel this way about Republicans as well as Democrats.

In any event, the fact that you are a slavish worshiper of State violence (so long as it is conducted with the requisite layer of leftist propaganda smeared over it like so much bullsh*it) tells me all that I need to know about your level of moral corruption.

I think it is important to point out the fetid, stinking nature of the state in general and the U.S. government in particular.
That's actually my point. Reading your posts, I can't help thinking what a sad existence you must lead, constantly resentful at the imagined usurpations and crimes of government of all forms.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
That's actually my point. Reading your posts, I can't help thinking what a sad existence you must lead, constantly resentful at the imagined usurpations and crimes of government of all forms.
I find that comment very odd, since your own blog is subtitled "If you're not outraged you're not paying attention."

Unlike you, I am not filled with rage, Jack. I lead a life filled with creativity and joy.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
To Phinn, hope everything is in good shape.

glad your getting the colonoscopy, perhaps the doctor will find you something useful up there. for the rest of us who love the constitution and liberty - you cannot diminish the glory of this day - god bless the president of the united states
This coming from a man who can't capitalize proper nouns, such as: Constitution, God, President of the United States.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Seems our stock market is getting a colonoscopy as well... or worse.

I can't figure out WHY!
We have a savior now.
People should feel safe to invest.

This is so confusing to me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
"Young guy" you speak with wisdom beyond the years indicated by your username. All I can add is a resounding "AMEN" to your post.
God Bless America and God Bless OUR President! (I think he will prove all the naysayers wrong; now if they're only big enough to admit such.)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I find that comment very odd, since your own blog is subtitled "If you're not outraged you're not paying attention."

Unlike you, I am not filled with rage, Jack. I lead a life filled with creativity and joy.
However you are apparently are not "far enough from Texas" (or any other of these United States for that matter) like in another country, for instance. Oh but, that may preclude you from living your life of "creativity and joy". You might try being thankful for the freedom that living under this government affords you.

·
Registered
329 Posts
To Phinn, hope everything is in good shape.

This coming from a man who can't capitalize proper nouns, such as: Constitution, God, President of the United States.
I doubt young guy thought his post was going to be "graded". The lack of capitalization does not take away from the excellent point he makes.

BTW, Phinn, I am sure everyone joins me in wishing you nothing but favorable results from you procedure.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If only people could be both gracious in victory as well as in defeat. It would be nice if, at the end of the day, one could be proud to be part of a country where stark differences still can mean grace can prevail when it's all over.

No matter which party or ideals one holds dear, what cannot be ignored is the historical merits of this day.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.