Witch tie, shirt, and jacket combination for a wedding? (pics)

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by macaroni, Aug 5, 2008.

1. macaroni

macaroni Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Hello guys,
    I’m going to a wedding. I’m not a groom- just a guest. The wedding will be held in open-air in mid august during the day.

So witch combination will be appropriate? I will be wearing charcoal trousers, black quarter oxfords and a jacket mix /I don’t have a suit/. I want to look formal and classic so I will pick white shirt or a blue/ white stripe shirt.

The plain white doesn’t work well with my complexion, but is more formal for the occasion. What about the white/ blue stripes? Is it ok for a wedding?

About the tie- the orange printed silk is beautiful and I love it, but again houndstooth is more formal and weeding like.

Witch combination would you guys chose?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Acct2000

Acct2000 Connoisseur - Moderator

United States
    Michigan
    Lansing
    I like the white shirt and either the dark blue tie or the darker checked tie.

The striped shirt and blue tie might look good, too.

3. Barrister & Solicitor

Barrister & Solicitor Super Member

Canada
    Québec
    Montréal
    As presented, Option 5 is a nice mix.

+1 on Forsberg with trying out the grey jacket, blue striped shirt and blue tie.

The checked tie is too similar to the grey jacket to be an interesting "wow" match IMHO.

4. smile

smile Starting Member

I like option 2, striped shirt with yellow paisley-tie. Since its outdoors on a probably beautiful summer day, i think it just fits to the circumstances.

5. Relayer

Relayer Super Member

I find option #2 most bewitching.

6. shirtguy

shirtguy Active Member with Corp. Privileges

option 5

7. ChicagoMediaMan-27

ChicagoMediaMan-27 Senior Member

What is a witch tie?

Seriously, I think they all look nice. If pressed, I would go with #2.

8. macaroni

I like options 5 and 2 the most myself so I guess your chioces confim that. Gray jacket, blue shirt and an oxford tie… hmm… I must try that one.

9. PinkPlaidSocks

PinkPlaidSocks Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Pa.
    Williamsport
    Option 5 would be my first pick, then option 1 if I wanted to be a little "flashier" (as in VERY little). I'm of the opinion that when attending weddings or funerals alike, it's not about me, I'm not there to be noticed for my excellent sartorial skills. I just try to dress conservatively and tastefully. My opinion only.

10. macaroni

And if anyone is curious

The navy tie is made for Polish company called Emanuel Berg /shirts mostly/ by an Italian manufacturer but I can’t find the name of the maker.

The grey tie was made by Breuer.

The orange one made by Atkinsons

The white shirt is RTW basic poplin shirt from Emanuel Berg.
    The blue shirt is MTM Da Vinci /another Polish company somehow affiliated to Emanuel Berg, I think Da Vinci is just a MTM brand for Emanuel Berg/

Two words on Emanuel Berg/ Da Vinci shirts- they use Tomas Mason fabrics. I love the collars and finish. I think they are the best shirts available on Polish market, but pricy- RTW would cost around 120-130 $ by today’s rates, and MTM around 200 $. But I recommend the brand strongly.

The grey and navy jacket are Royal Collection /Polish brand/. Its fairly cheep, but the construction and overall impression is quite poor. As I say- moderate prices, classic style and a good fit, but I don’t think they will hold long.