Who makes Paul Stuart (England) shoes?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by LookinSharp24, Sep 13, 2017.

1. LookinSharp24

LookinSharp24 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    NY
    Harrison
    Is it still Grenson?

Crockett & Jones?

[​IMG]

2. Deoraby

Deoraby New Member

Canada
    ontario
    toronto
    i think its a mix...perhaps the Paul Stuart English made ones are C&J, and the Stuart's Choice, Grenson One. Certainly, the split toe apron boots currently on the sale section are C&J. A bargain at $220 if you use the 15% off coupon when registering for the Paul Stuart website bundled with the sale....

3. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    The 15% discount only works with regularly priced merchandise.

Crockett & Jones has made them in the past but I'm not sure now.

4. Deoraby

Deoraby New Member

Canada
    ontario
    toronto

no it doesnt..it says it only works with full priced march but it work for me when i bought in the sale this week:

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
    Split Toe Apron Boot
    4146562BGR-517722 1 $269.75
    Subtotal $269.75
    Shipping & Handling $0.00
    Discount (Thank you for subscribing) -$40.46
    Grand Total $229.29

5. Deoraby

Deoraby New Member

Canada
    ontario
    toronto

.......and the apron boots are definitely C&J.

6. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    Well that certainly worked in your favor!

7. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    According to what I have heard from the staff at the New York store, there is a new creative director for shoes, under whose orders the current renovation sale is taking place, selling off stock from suppliers with whom Stuart's is not planning on doing business in the future, and/or just clearing the decks.

Judging from what I've seen of the new stock of shoes, I would say that much of it is re-branded Crockett & Jones, insofar as their English-sourced shoes are concerned.

I will say that there were selections of styles that never made it to the website that were a part of the sale, giving those of us with access to the brick-and-mortar store some advantage over e-tail consumers.

8. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    I wonder who they will go with for their Stuart's Choice or limited line, or even if they will continue with those lines.

9. LookinSharp24

United States
    NY
    Harrison
    Any guesses as to who makes the ones above?

Does the fact that they "fit true to US size" give anything away?

10. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    Shoes, such as Paul Stuart's, are US sized regardless of the country of origin.

Of course, there are always issues with a particular last and how that fits someone's foot so as always, there is. I substitute for trying the shoes on in person.

11. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    "Fits true to US size" usually is a phrase Stuart's uses for the Italian or Spanish-made shoes (the Spanish-made shoes, at least in past seasons, are made by Magnanni, and, for me at least, run about 1/2 size large - for me, a US 9.5, I take a EU 42, not EU 42.5 in them). Whether the sizings on the English-made shoes will be adjusted to conform to US standards, or whether the advice to size down one full size when ordering, remains to be seen.

As for the makers of the shoes shown so far in this thread, I've no firm guess as to maker.

12. Deoraby

Deoraby New Member

Canada
    ontario
    toronto
    actually, some of the shoes are still in UK size......on the PS website it identifies which can be considered to be sized in US and which in UK. The apron boots are identical to BB Black Fleece boots from a couple of seasons ago which were made by C&J....i think most of the PS ones are C&J, the Stuarts choice Grenson..although as Upr Crust mentioned somewhere, G&G make for PS too...i dont think that they made it to the website sale though

13. LookinSharp24

United States
    NY
    Harrison

manufacturer aside, any general thoughts on the look of these? dainite soles too.

14. Deoraby

Deoraby New Member

Canada
    ontario
    toronto
    i like 'em. thought about them myself...not sure where you would wear them though

15. LookinSharp24

United States
    NY
    Harrison
    i was thinking the office, actually. business casual with chinos. no?

16. LookinSharp24

United States
    NY
    Harrison
    Update:

Official Paul Stuart response:

Thank you for your interest in our shoe collection. Unfortunately, that information is proprietary information, and cannot be shared. We apologize for any inconvenience. Have a good day.

...ok then

17. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    You actually thought you'd get an answer?

18. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Be happy! If they told you, they'd have to shoot you! :eek:

[​IMG]