What is wrong with this custom suit jacket?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by teknique, Jul 10, 2018.

1. jts287

jts287 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Ohio
    Rocky River
    Do you guys have a bat signal or something for Mr. Shaver?

2. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    I'm having deja vu!

Didn't we deal with this exact same thing once before, with this same suit?

No, I'm not just suggesting this post is very similar to many others (Which, of course, it is.) but that this has been dealt with previously. I swear I've seen this suit, and been asked about the whole "sticking out" thing before.

3. winghus

winghus Senior Member

United States
    North Carolina
    Greensboro
  4. EclecticSr.

EclecticSr. Super Member

United States
    New York
    Coram
    Probably a combination of both. As far as recourse, I can't say. I assume you were not fitted in person, contact them and inquire.

5. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    Are you saying that some people continue to recycle the same query over and over again thinking that the result might just be different? Here?

6. never behind

never behind Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    IN
    Zionsville
    This is entertaining...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    My friend, your memory serves you well. This, or very similar threads have come up on a fairly regular basis. The noted aberrations in the fit of the garments are caused by any number of factors, such as fabric weight/drape, cutting errors, construction approaches, etc., but there seems one common denominator. The problems always seem to occur when the reporters vanity kicks in and they ask a tailor to create for them an extremely closely fit garment for them....and every time the wearer alters their posture or gains a pound an inch here or there, it shows and generally in the most uncomplimentary way(s). The real solution is to just buy clothes that fit you comfortably in the first place. I know this to be so because I've "been there, done that and got the T-Shirt!" Fortunately I grew out of that phase of my life, perhaps 50 years back. LOL. ;)

8. teknique

teknique Starting Member

United States
    NY
    NY
    What's the point of wasting your time to even make this post? It doesn't help anyone, but glad you felt it was worth 5 minutes of your valuable time to commit to sharing with us.

Thanks, but as you can see we got to the bottom of the root cause of the issue in this thread, whereas the posters in the previous were horribly misinformed. FYI, has nothing to do with not fitting into the garment; I'm quite happy with how the garment itself "fits" my body, yet again the issue was with the jacket itself appearing to "stick out" which I've learned it normal. Most people here are delusional and have a view that boxy, outdated looks are "perfect" and would look very out of place in a big city, professional work environment setting.

9. never behind

never behind Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    IN
    Zionsville
    Delusional. :popcorn:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clintotron likes this.
  10. FLMike

FLMike Honors Member

United States
    FL