What is wrong with this custom suit jacket?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by teknique, Jul 10, 2018.

1. teknique

teknique Starting Member

United States
    NY
    NY
    Basically, I received an OTR suit that I commissioned to make a few alterations to the base model as shown below, yet something weird is happening with the body of the suit jacket. The first jacket was the 'base' and the alterations I requested to be made on a completely new MTM from that 'base' model were simply extend length by 0.1in, larger lapel by 0.25in and rotate sleeves. It appears the two suits are clearly not made in the same factory, as there are some serious drape issues with the MTM version. My problem is identifying what exactly the cause of the better drape in the first suit vs second suit is. They are the same chest, waist and hip measurements, same shoulder measurements, same everything; I measured. I just can't figure out why one is completely stiff and sticking out while the former drapes against my body immaculately. Thanks

OTR jacket
    [​IMG]

MTM Jacket
    [​IMG]

2. EclecticSr.

EclecticSr. Super Member

United States
    New York
    Coram
    Are you sure you have the OTR and MTM in proper order? The second suit is a much better fit although it could use some work. Just to nitpick, sleeve pitch off a bit but not a game changer, a bit too much waist suppression accentuating your rear end and affecting the vents, trousers could use hitching up. Take some front and rear shots and post.

3. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Super Member

United States
    NC
    Waxhaw
    Are you saying the second one has issues? It looks a million times better than the disaster in the first picture.

4. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Hmm . . . . :icon_scratch:

Clintotron likes this.
  5. JBierly

JBierly Advanced Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    Quick - slouch like a 90 year old man.

6. teknique

teknique Starting Member

United States
    NY
    NY
    Nobody read what I was saying. It's one, distinct issue. The sides of the jacket/quarters are "stiff" and stick out, rather than mold to my body. I'm asking what causes this and why?

7. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    Button the jacket as it’s supposed to be and have someone take pics from the front and back as well as the sides.

ilikeyourstyle likes this.
  8. teknique

teknique Starting Member

United States
    NY
    NY
    That has nothing to do with my issue. My issue is solely and exclusively related to the way each jacket, with the same measurements, look when *unbuttoned* from the side view. As you can see, one molds to my body and one is stiff/sticks out. My questions is *why*?

9. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    A bit cranky aren’t we? Are you seeking an answer or just trying to blow off steam?

You’re concerned with a two dimensional view. Your garment lives in three dimensions. What you see in one dimension may be due to something in the other dimension(s). But hey, what do we know. Personally, I quite enjoy reading your tantrums.

On second thought, please go on and complain some more.

10. delicious_scent

delicious_scent Senior Member

Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Regina
    No idea. I'd get a refund if possible for that MTM jacket.