-->

What Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by kali77, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themanfromlisbon

themanfromlisbon Senior Member

Portugal
    Europe
    Lisbon
    Hi

Long time since the last I posted here, but Lisbon is too hot. Not possible to get a little bit more formal

Some great looks lately, as usual (UC and Holdfast, you are always in such a great shape)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Vic

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  2. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Welcome back, Lisbon - you have been sorely missed. Glad to hear that the weather in Lisbon has moderated enough such that you can dress in your usual manner again.

3. YoungClayB

YoungClayB Super Member

United States
    North Carolina
    linville
    Very nice fit on the suit...The trad guys would go crazy over such a nice fitting sack.

The fit of your shoes is quite odd. The instep appears to be too tight by judging from the lack of lace closure, and there seems to be a noticeable gap between your heel and the back of the shoe. Are you sure you are wearing the correct size?

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Honors Member

Prada blazer
    NM pocket-square
    Fray shirt
    CK cords
    BJ belt
    Armani socks
    Gucci balmorals
    CC cologne
    Piaget watch

5. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Honors Member

United States
    Kentucky
    Louisville

Thanks...but it isn't a sack. It's 2b, darted.

And the shoes fit just fine. I do have high insteps, but the heel room is an illusion that must have been caused by the way I was standing.

6. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    A rumpled suit for a rainy day . . .

Though the temperatures are to be quite moderate here in NYC, it is overcast and damp, with a constant threat of showers, such that I've donned today's suit, mostly in anticipation that its next stop will be the dry cleaners, a place which it will certainly need to visit after today.

For your viewing pleasure, then (perhaps) . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. WouldaShoulda

WouldaShoulda Suspended

United States
    VA
    Alexandria
    :eek:

That shirt!!

:cool2:

There, that's better now!! ;)

8. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Hey, I never said that I was afraid of strong colors, though, in retrospect, today's look is rather like Colonel Sanders joining the Russian Mafia . . .

9. YoungClayB

YoungClayB Super Member

United States
    North Carolina
    linville
    Thanks. We are very excited! Yeah, the shoes are Church's. I got a good deal on them through eBay...after wearing them, there is NO WAY I would pay $600 bucks for a pair of these new. While I like the way they look, they are no where near the comfort level of my Allen Edmonds and Alden shoes.

The utilitarian in me says Crocs or Birkenstock clogs, but I will be wearing my cigar shell PTBs for the first time that I hold me new baby boy! :)

Thanks Joe. I almost opted for a light blue version of the same shirt, but finally settled on the white. Maybe I'll try the blue version next time.

Pretty casual today.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Slacks: Turnbury
    Shirt: Daniel Cremeiux
    Shoes: Alden Cigar PTB
    Belt: Dockers (Cheap but it matches the cigar shell! :))

10. riyadh552

riyadh552 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    GA
    Atlanta
    Interesting. I have a pair of Philip captoe oxfords, and I find them just as comfortable as my AE Boston and Evanston. But my favorite Church's are a pair of suede chukkas, which are my go-to casual boots. I'm considering a pair of Alden unlined chukkas as well to add to my collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.