-->

What Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by kali77, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Honors Member

DE blazer
    Armani pocket-square
    Kiton shirt
    Kiton pant
    Orciani belt
    Pantherella socks
    BB balmorals
    MJ cologne
    Piaget watch

2. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    The (expletive deleted) thing is too large to be stuck into my trouser pocket, and as electronic leash, I do have to have it handy. Rest assured that when I wear a jacket of any kind, the blasted thing goes in an interior pocket of the jacket, not in a holster on my belt.

3. Blueboy1938

Blueboy1938 Advanced Member

United States
    California
    West Hollywood
    Who's rule?

This is just another example of fashion fascism. If someone finds it necessary to carry a PDA on the belt, then the only question is whether the holster is nice looking or ugly, IMO. When a coat is worn, the thing is invisible anyway, and what is visible in - for instance - an office when one is in shirtsleeves, including braces, etc., shouldn't concern anyone but the wearer.

4. GoToEleven

GoToEleven Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Upr Crust --

Kind of a weird question, but do you have a preferred source for socks? I have been impressed with the stylishness of what you wear, so I thought I would inquire.

I generally wear only over-the-calf socks with dress wear, so I'm hoping your vendor sells the longer lengths, as well.

Thanks!

-- GTE

5. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Not a weird question, and I'm flattered that you've noticed.

The socks shown came from Brooks Bros., and are OTC, and were part of their clearance stock for this past season. Many of the pairs of socks that I've worn recently came from that sale.

Beyond that, I work in lower Manhattan, and much of my sock collection has come from the discounter Century21 - a good deal of that being Polo Ralph Lauren - or Syms (I snatched a load of Calvin Klein OTC's from them years ago at a very favorable price).

So, for brands - BB, PRL, Calvin Klein, or Gold Toe pretty much covers the collection.

6. kitonbrioni

Armani jacket
    Borrelli shirt
    NM cufflinks
    Brioni pant
    Prada belt
    Brioni socks
    Ferragamo chukka
    Creed cologne
    Piaget watch

7. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Honors Member

United States
    Kentucky
    Louisville
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. phyrpowr

phyrpowr Honors Member

United States
    North Carolina
    Charlotte
    Went out in LLB OCBD (sleeves up), Polo chinos, AE shell Randolphs. Got home to find that my cheap thermostat had gone into comedy mode (84 in the house), now wearing gym shorts and a Hanes tee for awhile

9. simonfoy

simonfoy Active Member with Corp. Privileges

UK
    lancs
    lancs
    I too wear my phone on my belt. I dont see it as a fashion accessory but as a must in this day and age and it is always handier on the belt than in my pocket being scratched by coins and keys. I certainly don't think it looks ugly or out of place.

10. kitonbrioni

Brioni blazer
    Armani pocket-square
    Kiton shirt
    Etro pant
    Brioni belt
    pp socks
    Brioni monkstraps
    Bulgari cologne
    Piaget watch

Thread Status: