What Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by kali77, Aug 10, 2006.

1. kali77

kali77 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

2. kali77

[​IMG]

(Note: I cropped this down because it was huge - you want no more than 800 pixels of width so that we don't get Horizontal scrollbars :) - Chuck)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2006
  3. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage Connoisseur

Canada
    Ontario
    Toronto
    I would be very proud to appear in public like that, very nice!
    Note neighbourhood kid on skateboard in rear...you're missing a chance to learn something, kid!

4. kali77

That is my son's friend. They are having a great time!

Gene

5. pt4u67

pt4u67 Honors Member

The cut of the suit is very nice and I like the triangular knot. Overall very well proportioned.

6. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Honors Member<br>P-Bomb

United States
    Michigan
    Detroit
    Kali, the outfit is smashing. Everything is obviously top quality and fits you extremely well. I love the collar (shark fin?). My only minor criticism, and this is 100% personal taste so keep that in mind, is that for some reason I am not yet a fan of the extra bold pinstriping or chalk striping as I have heard it called. Maybe I am just not fashion forward enough and will grow to like it over the next few years :)

I would be proud to be seen in public with you dressed so well however.

Warmest regards

7. pendennis

pendennis Senior Member

United States
    Michigan
    Dearborn
    My only disagreement is the striped shirt with the bold-striped suit. A little too busy for my taste. However, you are very well turned out.

8. Chuck Franke

Chuck Franke Advanced Member

Brown suede is a favorite of mine, I pretty much use them to step on every rule regarding brown suede shoes as a matter of fact!

Nice outfit, thanks for sharing. Corneliani makes a nice silhouette for you darned thin people.

9. Acct2000

Acct2000 Connoisseur - Moderator

United States
    Michigan
    Lansing
    The tie knot and collar spread are a little too much for my taste, but really only a little.

Your outfit is nice. I think there is enough of a difference between the shirt and the suit to have both of them be striped.

10. EL72

EL72 Super Member

Very nice suit - I love Corneliani. Please share if you'd like where it's from, the type of fabric...

Only quibble I have is the tie knot is too large (I would do a half-windsor) and the lack of pocket square. A smashing outfit otherwise, well done!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  11. EL72

EL72 Super Member

Also, did you order the Udeshi shirt and tie from bestofbritish.com

I love the look of many Udeshi designs but haven't bought any yet so would love any feedback you can provide on your experience with the products.

I must really get those Altons now... if only they came in wide widths

12. Mad4Madras

Mad4Madras Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Great look, and I especially like the brown suede shoes, and the knot. You've nailed what I would call a prototypical Italian look; slim, smart and well tailored. Shirt looks good, and although the collar is wider than I would wear, you do a good job of filling it up with the tie.

One imagines your Vespa is idling outside... Ciao!

13. tabasco

tabasco Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Italy
    emila romagna
    bologna
    Fine look.. I think the blue tie+blue suit+blue striped shirt make the brown suede shoes very cool. I never would've come up with that myself.
    (me to wife "can I go out and play now?)

thanks for posting

14. rssmsvc777

rssmsvc777 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Very elegant, I would only change the striping on the shirt. A comment I read in either the Flusser books or elsewhere mentioned getting different pattern sizes between the shirt and suit and they look the same size to me.

15. kali77

Wow! Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. The shirt and tie is from Bestofbritishshirts from there recent sale. Extremely happy with the customer service and quick shipping from Australia. I am not very impressed with the tie however. The silk is just not up to par with the likes of my other ties (drakes, dolce punta, kiton, etc....). I think the shirt is of great quality though and love the overall shape and fit. The Corneliani was purchased at STP I can't remember the fabric, It is wonderful though. A 38S in Corneliani requires no alterations in the jacket for me(which is exceptional in my opinion).

Gene

16. kali77

I actually agree. As I was walking out of the house this afternoon I kept thinking to myself I should have worn my Hilditch baby blue spread oxford.

17. DOn_Gotti

DOn_Gotti New Member

Nice suit, but I would change the shirt into a solid light blue one and try an simple windsor knot for your tie.

18. GMF

GMF Senior Member

Very impressive. I don't have the physique to pull off wearing a suit cut like that, but it looks good on you.

19. kali77

Thank you. Now the tough part is going to be keeping this physique as I get older:eek:

20. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Honors Member

That a fine outfit. If only Thom Browne could do this look. I note that the Wilkes Bashford article quoted the owner as saying he sure hoped that the buyers of Thom Browne from his store would be thin.