What Are You Wearing Today 2.0?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by mikel, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Fading Fast

Fading Fast Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    NY
    I agree with Howard. I've noticed it when you've worn purple ties and shirts, but this sport coat emphasizes it.

2. Orsini

Orsini Honors Member

United States
    California
    Lawndale
    You will note the lack of Bermuda triangle. Very good!

upr_crust likes this.
  3. Orsini

Orsini Honors Member

United States
    California
    Lawndale
    There is a gentleman in the bar I patronize that dresses like this (without the hat.) He looks very good and stands out even more that I do.

4. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast
    Without the hat....

So there’s a guy at a bar who wears dark colored trousers and a conservative button-down shirt? And he stands out?

I agree upr that upr looks good (when doesn’t he?), but that’s a pretty basic, nondescript outfit (again, without the hat). I’m a bit confused.

5. Orsini

Orsini Honors Member

United States
    California
    Lawndale
    Because the vast majority of the other patrons, excepting myself, are typical slobs while the gentleman I mentioned and myself are reasonably well dressed. I hope your confusion is now resolved.

6. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Thursday, and the weather is predicted to be mild enough for me to dare to try out some of the newest swag (courtesy of end-of-season sales) - new suit, tie and shoes.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
    Shirt - Tyrwhitt
    Tie - Charvet
    Braces - Paul Stuart
    Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
    Pocket square - Polo Ralph Lauren
    Shoes - Crockett & Jones

IMG_8237.JPG IMG_8238.JPG IMG_8236.JPG IMG_8234.JPG IMG_8235.JPG

bernoulli likes this.
  7. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^Our 'Sartorial Emperor' has a new suit of clothes and they are indeed splendid. Your sense of men's style remains unerring! Thank you for sharing those new threads with us. :)

bernoulli and upr_crust like this.
  8. DCR

DCR Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    MA
    Boston
    What brand of socks do you typically wear?

9. Fading Fast

Fading Fast Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    NY
    Upr, outstanding classic grey suit to serve as - as it does today - a perfect palette for the colors and patterns you bring in the other items in your outfit.

Those shoes are incredible - love the elegant way they are "perforated" (what is the right word for that?).

10. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Happily, the "sartorial emperor" is wearing something more than the Emperor in the fairy tale, "The Emperor's New Clothes" - that would not be a pleasant sight. :)

You're welcome for the sharing.

My sock drawer contains a variety of brands, usually determined by what I can find on sale. Today's socks are a brand called Punto, which I occasionally find at my local discounter at a reasonable price.

I think that perforated described the ornamentation correctly, though I think the term "broguing" is the optimal term for decorative patterns of perforations on shoes.

The suit does provide the perfect backdrop for more colorful accessories, of which I have more than a few, hence its purchase.

bernoulli, eagle2250 and Fading Fast like this.