What Are You Wearing Today 2.0?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by mikel, Dec 27, 2017.

1. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    The weather has relented, temporarily, here in NYC, and it just felt right to indulge in a little rumpled linen to start the week.

Suit - Joseph Abboud
    Shirt - Harvie & Hudson
    Tie - Church's
    Cufflinks - Turnbull & Asser
    Pocket square - no name brand
    Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand (made by Crockett & Jones)

IMG_8219.JPG IMG_8220.JPG IMG_8218.JPG IMG_8215.JPG IMG_8216.JPG
    Indulgences from the latest sales - Crockett & Jones, Charvet from Saks, and a bow tie from Paul Stuart . . .

IMG_8212.JPG IMG_8213.JPG IMG_8214.JPG

Fading Fast, Jgarner197 and bernoulli like this.
  2. Fading Fast

Fading Fast Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    NY

Upr, I have noted before that I don't love your JAB suits (just too far below your usual standards of fit, flow, drape, construction and quality), but this one is the exception that proves the rule (there's a circular logic at work in that expression that I don't love) as today's suit is outstanding.

Also, love your new purchases, with my favorite being that insanely gorgeous second pair of C&Js.

3. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    FF, when I first bought this suit, you made the same mistake as to its manufacture - Joseph A Bank is not the same as Joseph Abboud. Abboud has its own factory in New Bedford, MA (Abboud is from the Bay State, as am I) from which his higher-end offerings (such as the stock at his shop on Madison Avenue) are sourced.

That being said, I generally agree with you that even the JAB suits I own do not fit as well, and certainly are not as well made, as those from other sources residing in my closet.

As for the latest indulgences from Crockett & Jones, I needed neither, but shoe lust overtook fiscal probity. Glad that at least the effect was worth it.

4. Fading Fast

Fading Fast Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    NY
    Now that you note it, I remember having messed that up before (I'd blame my dyslexia, but that's a cop out - I think it has more to do with my SBS [small-brain syndrome]). That said, I'm glad it isn't JAB so that I can keep my JAB-hate unqualified - just kidding, just not a fan.

Only a few of us here at AAAC are buying out of need and that's a good thing - enjoy your new purchases and wear them in good health. I believe from another of your posts, that we have a new suit to see soon - can't wait.

5. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Yes, a suit and a sports jacket, both from Paul Stuart, which should be ready by tomorrow afternoon. Depending on weather conditions, I will most likely attempt to wear one or the other Wednesday - photo evidence will be supplied as to outcome.

Fading Fast likes this.
  6. Orsini

Orsini Honors Member

United States
    California
    Lawndale
    This looks good.

7. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Predictions are that it will reach 33C/91F by the afternoon, hence the lack of jacket.

Shirt, trousers, linen cap - Brooks Brothers
    Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

IMG_8224.JPG IMG_8225.JPG IMG_8222.JPG

bernoulli likes this.
  8. Howard

Howard Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    Bayside
    very nice style Crusty, I see your shirt sleeves are rolled up.

9. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Yes, Howard, it kept me cooler.

I had hoped to be wearing new swag from Paul Stuart's today, but the alterations department was late with the sports jacket I had hoped to wear. Instead, I am wearing an indulgence from Stuart's but from a year or two back. I hope that it shall be sufficient for my needs today.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart
    Shirt - Tyrwhitt
    Tie & trousers - Brooks Brothers
    Cufflinks - Thomas Pink
    Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
    Shoes - Carmina, via the Armoury, NYC
    Hat - Peter Grimm

IMG_8231.JPG IMG_8230.JPG IMG_8232.JPG IMG_8229.JPG IMG_8227.JPG IMG_8228.JPG

bernoulli and Jgarner197 like this.
  10. Howard

Howard Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    Bayside
    purple looks good on you Crusty.

upr_crust likes this.