What Are You Wearing Today 2.0?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by mikel, Dec 27, 2017.

1. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Thank you, Howard, and yes, my office is well air-conditioned.

It's still hot and humid here in NYC, with some relief coming after tomorrow, so it's back to linen trousers and sport shirts. Today's shoe choice is something of an experiment, and today's hat is a new purchase, bought on the cheap yesterday.

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
    Trousers - Brooks Brothers
    Shoes - To Boot New York, via Saks Fifth Ave,
    Hat - Peter Grimm

IMG_8201.JPG IMG_8200.JPG IMG_8202.JPG IMG_8199.JPG

bernoulli, eagle2250, endag and 2 others like this.
  2. endag

endag New Member

United States
    MI
    Detroit
    I enjoy the color of those shoes.

3. xplorenu

xplorenu Starting Member

United States
    TN
    Memphis
    I think it works as well, once again Crusty, well played all around.

4. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    My only grey pair of shoes - not the easiest shoes to match to an outfit, but very comfortable.

Thank you, Xplorenu

The weather this morning in NYC is warm and rainy - not a combo that inspires one to dress well, certainly. Dressing defensively then, to end a week without a necktie . . .

Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
    Shoes - Cole-Haan

IMG_8205.JPG IMG_8206.JPG IMG_8204.JPG

bernoulli and Howard like this.
  5. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^Paraphrasing the late great painter of light, Thomas Kincaid, "a perfect end to a sartorially perfect week of daily rigs!" Thank you, upr_crust.

upr_crust likes this.
  6. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Thank you, Eagle. What is, or will be frustrating, is that I'm picking up a new suit and a new sports jacket at Paul Stuart tomorrow (both sale items), and I've picked up a bow tie from Stuart's (sale, ditto) and a Charvet from my local Saks (at some 2/3's off), and the weather for the foreseeable future, other than tomorrow and Sunday, will be abysmal for wearing any of it. Grrrrrr.

eagle2250 likes this.
  7. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^Waiting can be frustrating, but it's been said it builds character...LOL. Regardless if it does or not, many of us will be looking forward to first sight of those new acquisitions, as the weather conditions moderate to a point that wearing them becomes an option! :)

8. Howard

Howard Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    Bayside
    At least you feel comfortable Crusty, it gets too humid to wear ties during the summer.

9. SplurgeFrugal1

SplurgeFrugal1 Starting Member

United States
    New Mexico
    Albuquerque
    [​IMG]

This is what I wore today. Truth be told, the jacket did not stay on very long (monsoon season, over 90 degrees and humid). The jacket is a typical inexpensive center-vent cotton seersucker sportscoat that fits like a sack. I removed the rear vent and trimmed the silhouette and waist, giving it a ventless, Italian look. The tie is Ralph Lauren, and the shirt by Hathaway. All thrift purchases. The total cost of everything seen here including slacks is under $25.00. Cost of alterations... just my time.

Winhes2, xplorenu and upr_crust like this.
  10. JBierly

JBierly Advanced Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    I have several pair of grey shoes and don't seem to struggle so much. Pretty much anything that might favor black does well for a darker shade of grey. And for lighter grey shoes cream/off white does nicely. Maybe it's just getting used to wearing them more. I used to shun brown shoes with navy suits but a dark brown expresso color is extremely nice (maybe it's some cognitive dissonance at work...)