-->

What Are You Wearing Today 2.0?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by mikel, Dec 27, 2017.

1. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Thank you, gentlemen, for your well-considered (if conflicting) opinions. The jury is still out as to whether or not I will acquire the shoes, though currently, with a European trip on the horizon, fiscal probity may win over my magpie-like impulse for shiny things (and yes, Howard, the shoes are indeed very shiny).

With the change in temperature promised for the metropolitan NYC area, I hope to be back to wearing "real clothes", rather than cords, sweaters, a puffer jacket, and hiking boots tomorrow. We shall see.

2. bernoulli

bernoulli Senior Member

Brazil
    RJ
    Rio de Janeiro
    You are right. My bad.

3. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    The weather is back to a normal range of temperatures here in NYC, and the roads are clear enough to brave them in proper shoes, so I'm back in a suit.

Suit & shirt - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
    Tie & braces - Lewin
    Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
    Pocket Square - Brooks Brothers
    Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
    Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
    Scarf - Zegna
    Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center

IMG_7134.JPG IMG_7133.JPG IMG_7135.JPG IMG_7132.JPG IMG_7130.JPG IMG_7131.JPG

bernoulli likes this.
  4. Howard

Howard Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    Bayside
    like the ensemble today, just glad it's getting warmer in the next few days.

5. Fading Fast

Fading Fast Honors Member

United States
    New York
    NY
    Upr, I'm sure I've seen it before, but for some reason don't remember it - that overcoat is outstanding (it fits you really well, too).

6. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Most of the metro New York area is glad that it's getting warmer!

Thanks. This coat I bought at a end of season clearance sale several years back, and it's a good medium-weight overcoat - suitable for very cool but not frigid weather. I traveled with it to Budapest and London last fall, and depending on the weather reports, may take it with me to Madrid and London next month.

Fading Fast likes this.
  7. JBierly

JBierly Super Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    Louche certainly is a good descriptor for those shoes. One thing I couldn't figure out is are they dark blue or black? Honestly, you could wear those with black tie and do quite well. I like the the last/shape and I am a fan of monks. It's a bit different but bending the rules has it's moments. Moreover, unless you have a tuxedo with skinny trousers most people won't even notice you are wearing monks. And unless it is a AAAC forum event most won't care. I think if they fit well and are comfortable and you want an alternative shoe for black tie go for it.

8. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    Thank you, JBierly. For the record, the shoes are black, and, as stated before, the jury is out as to whether they will be bought or not, but I value your opinion, in any case.

Midweek, and a bit colder in NYC than yesterday, though not the Arctic blast we had from last week. Still, a good day to wear flannel and camel's hair . . .

Suit - Joseph Abboud
    Shirt - Brooks Brothers
    Tie - Charvet
    Cufflinks - Tyrwhitt
    Pocket square - Robert Talbott
    Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
    Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
    Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London
    Hat - Selentino

IMG_7141.JPG IMG_7140.JPG IMG_7142.JPG IMG_7139.JPG IMG_7137.JPG IMG_7138.JPG

Ryan42200, Howard and bernoulli like this.
  9. Michael Marshall

Michael Marshall Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Ohio
    Liberty Center
    Nice as always! And I love the new specs; as they really suit your face well!

upr_crust likes this.
  10. Howard

Howard Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    Bayside
    nice ensemble Crusty. :)