WASP 101?

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by zignatius, Mar 28, 2008.

1. zignatius

zignatius Well-Known Member

2. smujd

smujd Well-Known Member

Although my vote is "cry," I do enjoy reading his blog. Interestingly, he reveals himself as a pretender with his January 18, 2008 endorsement of the Robb Report, an entirely gauche publication.

I suspect earnest.

3. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

The guy's dead serious. Is that a picture of Gary Cooper in his profile?

This blog is always good for a laugh (not related to "Trad", though)...

Stuff White People Like

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  4. farrago

farrago Well-Known Member

The blogger has managed to be insufferable by the ripe old age of 30. Quite an accomplishment.

5. Sweetness

Sweetness Well-Known Member

The stuff white people like website is hilarious. The good ones are Hating Corporations, The Idea of Soccer, Study Abroad, Knowing What's Best for Poor People, Having Black Friends, and Barack Obama.

6. A. Clay-More

A. Clay-More Well-Known Member

It's a fun blog. I don't think it's any worse than the OPH, which has become an instruction manual for aspiring preps & pretenders.
    I like the young lady in the comments section, the tv reporter in LA. He had a photo of her somewhere on his blog. :thumbs-up:

7. wnh

wnh Well-Known Member

So Natalie Portman is a great date for a WASP to take to a lawn party. Funny, since she's from Israel. Not a too WASPy place, to my knowledge.

8. Pgolden

Pgolden Well-Known Member

This is one of the funniest things I have ever read: Is everyone here sure this guy is serious? Ditto on N. Portman as a lawn date. Doubt she'd go, and in the good old days of WASP yore, she would not have been invited.

9. wnh

wnh Well-Known Member

The more I read, the more I have to believe this guy is serious. Were the writing halfway decent I might be led to believe that it's done tongue in cheek, but it seriously just sounds like a guy writing down his earnest ideas.

Mr. WASP, are you lurking around here somewhere? I wouldn't doubt it.

10. AlanC

AlanC Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum

The problem with the leather library chair is that leather will create shine on your wool trousers over time. Perhaps that's a good thing as it shows you have a leather library chair...

11. Ron_A

Ron_A Well-Known Member

I think the blog (Wasp 101) is highly entertaining...Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't doubt it if the blogger is on this forum...In fact, I'd be very surprised if he is not aware of its existence, given some of his posts.

12. Tom Buchanan

Tom Buchanan Well-Known Member

You must not have bought the approved smoking jacket to protect your pants.

Actually, if I retired to the library to smoke a cigar in the evening, my pants would have a shine from where my wife kicked me.

13. Beresford

Beresford Well-Known Member

What an entertaining blog! Have bookmarked it for a later read!!

Similar to this there is a whole slew of "preppy" woman blogs--mostly by WASPy Southern women in their 30s, married to doctors or other high income professionals and seriously working on developing the perks of their MRS degrees. Those are also quite entertaining to read. Google "preppy blog" and you'll find them.

14. Beresford

Yep, he used the same picture of Indiana Jones that I put in a tongue-in-cheek reply to a thread about "how should professors dress" that was here a couple of weeks ago, that he entitled "Ivy League style professor courtesy of Indiana Jones." Of course, if he really knew his stuff he would know that Indiana Jones went to the University of Chicago. :icon_smile_wink:

15. wessex

wessex Well-Known Member

^ Indiana was the dog's name.

I love this blog and find it quite comical/interesting. It looks like most of his real pictures are taken in a walk-up apartment/condo, yet he claims to have this library. I think there is certainly some embelishment here (which is fine by me - I wouldn't expect a 30 year-old to own a mansion in Greenwich)

16. wnh

wnh Well-Known Member

I think the library is just a stock photo, not meant to be his. Don't know why I'm defending him, but there you have it.

17. jjohnson12

jjohnson12 Well-Known Member

18. Beresford

Hey, I think WASP 101 is a great website! This is the most fun I've had since the Bornstein Princeton Preppies thread back in 2006!!

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52459&highlight=princeton+preppy

Or maybe the Foxfield Races thread.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52820&highlight=virginia+foxfield

19. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur<br>Moderator

Well by Gawd, a home library is not that unusual. As I sit typing this, at the computer in my study, looking around I note the room is adorned with two, over-filled, bookcases (one an old Barristers case with the leaded glass doors on the front and the other, an eight foot, flat bottomed rowboat, standing on end, with shelves added to make the beast worthy as a bookcase). Neither is built in but both are of sufficient heft, that I have no plans to move them. A tufted leather desk chair sits tucked in the knee hole of an old oak rolltop desk and a leather recliner does sit in the corner, next to the fireplace. However, I am most likely to be found reclined on an old, worn tweed (referring to the weave of the fabric, not the composition!) tuxedo couch, reading or more likely sleeping, with a favored text in my hand.

Good golly miss Molly, I could start my own blog...how's "Fogeys-R-Us" sound as a title? :icon_smile_wink:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008