-->

Virgin Suitsupply Experience (upcoming) - HELP

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by linedrive, Apr 1, 2015.

1. linedrive

linedrive Starting Member

United States
    NC
    Durham
    Posted in wrong area apparently. Garnered many views, but only the comment that I would be better served looking elsewhere.

Admin - Please delete thread, my apologies.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  2. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Honors Member

United States
    Kentucky
    Louisville
    If you find anyone with the experience to help on AAAC, it will be in the Fashion Forum. I doubt anyone here in the Trad Forum has much experience with Suitsupply.

Your luck would be better yet at Styleforum.

3. Spin Evans

Spin Evans Senior Member

United States
    Florida
    Osceola County
    St. C does have a few suits from them.

4. Odradek

Odradek Advanced Member

UK
    Oxfordshire
    Henley on Thames
    I have a suit from Suitsupply, bought for my wedding just as I was discovering his forum, and when I knew absolutely nothing about suits.
    Good suit, but the wrong size. It's a 40R when I should have had a 40S or maybe even a 38S.
    Beware the salesman trying to get you to buy something just because they have it in stock, and can alter it there n the store.
    i don't think much of their alterations.

5. alkydrinker

alkydrinker Senior Member

United States
    Maryland
    Baltimore
    I am a 42L...but SuitSupply's Havana jacket in 44L fit me beautifully for a contemporary, Italian look (tho not Trad at all). The deal killer for me was the working button holes. The sleeves were of generous length and, the last I checked, all SS models have have working button holes, making sleeve alterations complicated. Apparently they will shorten sleeves at the shoulder for ~$80 in a SS store, but I was wary of doing that risky alteration. The jacket I wanted was also plaid with pattern-matched sleeves - I am sure the pattern matching would no longer exist after shortening at the shoulder. If it wasn't for that sleeve issue, I'd be a SS customer (my style isn't all that Trad).

Shipping and returns is free and impressively fast. I received a jacket within like 2 days from the Netherlands to the US.