-->

Trouser Question For a Friend

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Claybuster, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Claybuster

Claybuster Senior Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Memphis
    Good Evening Gentlemen,
    A friend of mine would like to know if anyone can suggest a brand of trousers that have tapered legs below the knee, but have room in the crotch. He also hates trousers that have enough fabric below the knees to make another pair of trousers.
    I wouldn't mind knowing your suggested brands myself because I stopped wearing pleated trousers a year or so ago because flat front ones make me look slimmer. I especially like the ones that are a little tapered in the leg like he is asking. I, too would like a trouser with a little less fabric in the leg but still sits on my actual waist and not the hip-hugger ones which seem to accompany the slimmer/tapered trousers I have seen.
    Thank you in advance.

2. never behind

never behind Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    IN
    Zionsville
    You all could try the JB Britches brand at Nordstrom. I have a couple of pair and find them to be decent pants. The leg opening on mine is 8.5” at a 29” inseam. Not sure how tapered you want them but those are the most tapered I have. I don’t have skinny thighs or a small seat and they are comfortable. Try a pair and if you like them, they will be on sale during Nordstrom’s annual sale in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    For casual trousers, it appears that Orivis's are cut that way. At least the khakis I've purchased from them are. Haven't bought any of their dressy/wool trousers however.

4. Claybuster

Claybuster Senior Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Memphis
    Thank you, so much. We just had a Nordstrom Rack open recently here. I'll check them out.

5. Claybuster

Claybuster Senior Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Memphis
    Thank you, Flanderian. I haven't been to Orvis in a while, but it is in the same shopping center as Nordstrom Rack. Looks like an outing is due.

6. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    You're very welcome!

I've always purchased from them mostly via mail order. Don't know if there's any difference between that merchandise and in-store merchandise, but know from experience that any of their "factory" stores sell an entirely different line which I don't think much of.

Claybuster likes this.
  7. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    A good alterations tailor could give your friend what he’s looking for.

I’ve done this myself with pretty good results. The trick is making sure you don’t taper too much as it will throw the balance off.

J Crew for a while was making a pant called the Crosby. It had roomier hops and thighs and a narrower leg.

8. Charles Dana

Charles Dana Advanced Member

United States
    California
    San Francisco
    I remember that trouser--but it wasn't called the Crosby; it was the Bunny.

9. Claybuster

Claybuster Senior Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Memphis
    Thank you, so much.

10. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    . Good catch Charles. One day I’ll outsmart the auto complete on my iPhone. Until then, I’ll take what comes!