-->

Trolling for your thoughts. Apparently when freed of all constraints, some peoples imaginations ove

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by momsdoc, Aug 11, 2017.

1. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean
    I was perusing Skoak's facebook gallery of EB MTOs.

I came across this very odd duck.

IMG_0662.JPG

I can't figure out what on earth this would go with. Is it a loafer, a spat shoe, formal, casual? What were they thinking?

I'd be interested in your thoughts. And no, I am not considering it, just curious about this oddity.

2. delicious_scent

delicious_scent Senior Member

Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Regina
    Mid-grey suit maybe?

The natural edge dressing is what catches my eye as an inconsistent detail. I would change it to black.

3. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    A bit too dandy for me.

4. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville
    I can candidly state that these hold no appeal for me beyond mere curiosity.

5. Howard

Howard Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    Bayside
    I've never seen dress shoes with buttons before.

6. JBierly

JBierly Super Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    I actually have a pair of double monks in this color scheme that I wear with confidence - dark navy with dark grey suede. So for me its not the color scheme but it's the style of this shoe. Between the buttons and the height of the upper vamp it becomes too contrived and ornamental. Women's shoes are designed like this frequently but for a woman in pumps and a short dress the intent is to draw attention to the shoes and the legs. I think the button boot is about as edgy as you should go with this EB design. These shoes definitely are not for me - I don't mind people looking at my shoes but I don't want them staring.

7. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean
    It seems like the 21st century child of a 20th century boardroom shoe, and a 15th century royal court pump.

8. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    They do seem a bit anachronistic.

I don't any boots with button closures, though I may consider them in the future given some of the fine examples I've seen here. I think with shoes it's a bit much.

9. drlivingston

drlivingston Connoisseur

United States
    of
    America
    What kind of hybrid anomaly is that?

10. Maljunulo

Maljunulo Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Connecticut
    Vernon
    "One two, button my shoe ......... "