Touring Norfolk UK

Discussion in 'Food, Drink and Travel' started by Mr. B. Scott Robinson, May 16, 2017.

1. Hello All,

My daughter is completing her upper 6th form studies at The Gresham's School in Holt, Norfolk and I have been in Norfolk for the past 3 weeks spending time with her as she finishes her studies. Over the past 2 years, I have been fortunate to spend several weeks in this most enchanting corner of the UK. If one were to put dirt over the tarmac, much of the area in and around Holt, Norfolk would look like 1900. Just stunning. I recommend visiting if one enjoys the English countryside. Here are some photos.....

IMG_0819.JPG IMG_0795.JPG

Cheers,

BSR

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Oldsarge

Oldsarge Moderator and Bon Vivant

I'm convinced.

3. Langham

Langham Well-Known Member

North Norfolk really is a delight. My family were from near Norwich originally (moved away 1850s) but I have spent many holidays there, mostly by the coast. The last one involved a stay in a 15th century priest house.
    Coincidentally, I have some distant relations at Gresham's. They seem happy there.

WP_20140812_001.jpg WP_20140814_004.jpg

4. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur<br>Moderator

Absolutely stunning! Thank you, Mr BSR and Langham, for those incredible pictures depicting the landscape and architecture of Norfolk. They give one the urge to book a trip and see them in the flesh (so to speak!). :thumbs-up:

5. Langham

Langham Well-Known Member

^ You're welcome. I will attach another photograph of a typical Norfolk cottage, I dare say not too dissimilar to that of my ancestor there. He was a dealer in game.

WP_20140815_012.jpg

6. Sadly, tomorrow will be my last day in Norfolk for sometime. Friday, off to Atlanta. Saturday off to Bangkok via Seoul. On May 25, Bangkok to Karachi, Pakistan which will be my new base of operation for 2 years. Photos to follow.

I will miss the green fields where one can look and not see another human for miles, the clean air and the cool weather.

I shall return.

Cheers.

Brian