Tie Rack Recommendations

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by Sir Cingle, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Sir Cingle

Sir Cingle Super Member

United States
    DC
    Washington
    I live in an apartment complex that disallows tenants to put any holes in the walls to hang pictures, &c. As a result, I am searching for a good tie rack that doesn't require screwing it into any walls or doors. But I dislike the tie racks that one hangs up on the bar in one's closet, since they eat up closet space and look likely to spill ties all over the floor.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good tie rack, perhaps one that hangs on a door frame? Google and Amazon searches have left me with no good options, as have trips to Target and the like. And a quick search for "tie rack" here at the trad forum came up empty.

All recommendations are appreciated!

2. Joe Beamish

Joe Beamish Advanced Member

United States
    Texas
    Austin
    http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95804

(You can also follow the above link to related threads.)

For non-knit ties, I just use one of those laddered hangers with the additional rungs for hanging ties. Cheap and works great.

Remember not to hang your knit ties. I roll mine up and put them into those shoe storage compartments made out of fabric, and which hang off the closet bar.

And...if you don't have any knit ties, get some!

3. Sir Cingle

Sir Cingle Super Member

United States
    DC
    Washington
    Thanks, Joe. I'm not quite sure how I missed that thread. And thank you for the tip on knit ties. You'll be happy to learn that I own a few!

4. Joe Beamish

Joe Beamish Advanced Member

United States
    Texas
    Austin
    Yeah, I think the search function is weird on this board -- or I am. "tie rack" brings up too many hits. "Rack" limits it somewhat.

For some reason, the use of quotation marks to link terms seems not to work.