-->

The Latest from WASP 101

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by Beresford, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac Senior Member

Ah, the glory of the internet! Any fool with a high speed connection and enough spare time can display his idiocy to the whole world.

And to think: Only 20 years ago you had to get to know someone before you knew you detested them.

2. Naval Gent

Naval Gent Senior Member

What? Richard is great! Pouty starlets, obnoxious neighbors, ruthless courtship practices, fistfights, gay-looking Ralph Lauren models (not my bag, mind you), offending waiters, what more could one ask for? It's like Jerry Springer with better clothes.

I wonder if poor Mrs. Richard reads his stuff, though. All those hot young things he admires, and those old girlfriend stories. Naval Wife would conk me on the head with a belaying pin.

Scott

3. CrescentCityConnection

CrescentCityConnection Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    TN
    Nashville
    If that story is true why would anyone feel the need to share that? What is the point? Seems like a complete idiot to me.

4. Untilted

Untilted Honors Member

United States
    New York
    New York
    http://wasp101.blogspot.com/2008/06/blackwatch-blazer.html

that's my room. he "stole" that picture from AAAT thrift thread when I tried to sell the blackwatch jacket (you can see my rep ties in the background). basically, he definitely reads this forum. wouldnt be surprised if he posts here regularly.

5. CrescentCityConnection

United States
    TN
    Nashville
    You are right, I see your UV belt there as well! We need an unmasking of this character!

6. wnh

wnh Advanced Member

United States
    Missouri
    Marshfield
    Isn't that, like, illegal? Intellectual property or something?

7. CrescentCityConnection

United States
    TN
    Nashville
    I also see he has lifted one of Macs photos as well, at least I am pretty sure its macs. Check out the photos in the June 2008 and you will see it.

8. hbecklin

hbecklin Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Untitled, that is obscene. I'd bet money that this was retrieved through reading of this forum, and not by a simple google images search. CCC's assertion that he's stolen one of Mac's photos as well makes me believe this blog might actually be satire, and not just someone's ill conceived WASP-y ramblings interspersed with "subtle" reminders of his superiority.

9. tripreed

tripreed Advanced Member

United States
    Alabama
    Birmingham
    As questionable as this WASP 101 guy may seem, I'm not sure that it is any more gentlemanly to berate his blog. In fact, rule number of 4 of the forums is "Don't bash other Forums or blogs.". I think that this rule should be respected as I certainly wouldn't want my own blog to be the subject of such a thread.

Between this thread and the one about "engineering social distance" (which I admit was an interesting thread, though it should have been moved to the Interchange), the mods seem to be have been exhibiting a bit too much of a laissez faire approach lately.

10. hockeyinsider

hockeyinsider Advanced Member

Well, you could always:

1) Send a cease and desist letter; enforcing your rights under U.S. copyright law.

2) Serve a subpoena on Google, which hosts his blog, for his registration information -- i.e. his name, address, etc.