-->

The Latest from WASP 101

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by Beresford, Jul 28, 2008.

1. SCsailor

SCsailor Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    South Carolina
    Columbia
    this guy is a phony

2. Zot!

Zot! Active Member with Corp. Privileges

If anyone here took that story as the God's Honest Truth then I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

3. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    It perhaps should be added that this acronym originated as a pejorative parody. Intended as a joke, like the Preppy Handbook.

4. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Obviously, you are right. Sometimes it just takes me a little longer to catch on.

5. southernlawyer

southernlawyer Starting Member

I check out his blog from time to time; I have to agree with others, here, that this guy is a fake. However, if he's real, my question is who would want to associate with someone of that caliber?

I must now get back to making lots of money....

6. videocrew

videocrew Senior Member

Bingo. As soon as Tucker Max started posting his drunken stories every 20ish year old guy who thought he was cool but had the free time to post his exploits on the internet decided that he would be the next internet celeb. Posturing as some kind of wealthy old-money character is like a weird offshoot of Tucker's personality.

7. Graft

Graft Active Member with Corp. Privileges

I've read this guys's blog before. It's really funny that he likes to compare himself to a character on Gossip Girl. Is he really a fifteen year old kid? Probably not, just a putz. Some find the blog interesting but it's just lame imho.

It is a real shame that good blogs like Heavy Tweed Jacket decide to close up shop but rubbish like this keeps going.

8. chatsworth osborne jr.

chatsworth osborne jr. Senior Member

Bullwinkle, that trick never works!

I've seen Chack Bass, and this is no Chuck Bass. Is this story cribbed from one of the books, or some other teen drama? I tried the old counterfeit letter gag in fifth grade and it was hack. College? I think not.

9. Canadian

Canadian Super Member

Canada
    Alberta
    Lethbridge
    Funny. Growing up, Sebastian Valmont was a favorite fictional character of mine. After all, he was well to do, well dressed and completely ruthless.

Needless to say, after age 16, the appeal wore off and I looked for more realistic role models.

Thomas

10. SartoNYC

SartoNYC Active Member with Corp. Privileges

I only made it into the second paragraph, with

effort.

What a douche bag.