The Latest from WASP 101

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by Beresford, Jul 28, 2008.

1. CrescentCityConnection

CrescentCityConnection Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    TN
    Nashville
    I actually think his blog is quite humorous. He feels the need to express his importance in most of his postings. I also think his choice of jackets is amusing as well, darted, some orphaned suit coats that he is trying to pass as a blazer and I won't comment on the fit of his clothing. :rolleyes:
    At any rate, I think I have thrown the last punch (for me anyway) on this dead horse.

2. kevinbelt

kevinbelt Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Ohio
    Columbus
    I got into Mr. Max in my early twenties, and I very nearly became one of those guys. Shortly after I came across Mr. Max's stories, though, he was featured on some sort of MTV reality show, which basically showed him being ignored by women and culminated in him throwing up on himself. That disabused me of any notion that Mr. Max is a role model. Alas, not everyone seems to have come to the same conclusion.

-k

3. playdohh22

playdohh22 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

That is completely absurd.

I would certainly like to know who this person is.

4. hbecklin

hbecklin Active Member with Corp. Privileges

It's true, we should be nicer. We don't know the guy, or his intentions for the blog. Under the assumptions that it is paraded as the truth.

I also agree about the "engineering social distance" & this thread. I try hard to only post on the trad forum, and these quasi-interchange threads tempt me so. However, I tend libertarian, and since "trad" is more of a lifestyle choice than simply about clothes, I feel that all truly trad items for discussion should be let alone in the trad forum, the forum's' "invisible hands" of what is trad discussion leading the way.

5. HL Poling and Sons

HL Poling and Sons Senior Member

United States
    CA
    San Francisco
  6. Patrick06790

Patrick06790 Connoisseur

United States
    Connecticut
    Lakeville
    Well, that does it.

(Woof!)

7. Harris

Harris Advanced Member

I remember a post of his from a while back, confessing a willingness to stray from the undarted sack. Best I recall he added that he preferred the waist to be "taken in" a bit.

edit: Also it seems he's a fan of the bit loafer.

8. Patrick06790

Patrick06790 Connoisseur

United States
    Connecticut
    Lakeville
    ^Hey, how did you do that?

Double Woof!

I think WASP 101 is a complete put-on, by the way. And with all the extra traffic generated by this thread he'll be getting that check for $4.63 from Google any day now.

9. Harris

Harris Advanced Member

Oh, some can pull off the bit. No doubt.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not among the few.

10. Graft

Graft Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Funny you should mention fit of his clothing. I commented about the ill fit of his trousers on his blog once and suddenly three "other" commentors claimed it was perfect. Strange.:rolleyes:

11. jamgood

jamgood Advanced Member

[​IMG]

12. LongWing

LongWing Super Member

United States
    nm
    albuquerque
    I have been under the impression that Richard is actually Russell Street.

13. SCsailor

SCsailor Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    South Carolina
    Columbia
    Who is Russell Street?

14. wnh

wnh Advanced Member

United States
    Missouri
    Marshfield
    Richard. Haven't you been paying attention?

15. Prepdad

Prepdad Active Member with Corp. Privileges

I had forgotten why I stopped reading his blog. Now I remember. One can only look at the same faux fireplace and the same Pottery Barn accessories so many times before one wearies of it all, silly drivel included. The saucy little minx. Now, really...

16. Sartre

Sartre Senior Member

United States
    PA
    Phila
    Of far greater interest than all this is the question why in god's name did you sell that jacket? It is perfection!

tjs

17. Untilted

Untilted Honors Member

United States
    New York
    New York
    fit is not perfect. just practicing trad minimalism.

18. Simon Syngen Clancy

Simon Syngen Clancy Starting Member

I called this guy white trash one day on his blog because he used a term like "I don't roll that way". A wanna be homie. He also believes he can throw around a racist acronym such as WASP and it does not mean anything because when he uses it, it's all about his new Made in China RL Polo sweater.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  19. RyanPatrick

RyanPatrick Active Member with Corp. Privileges

When did the acronym WASP become a racist term? I don't know of anyone who takes offense to it.

20. videocrew

videocrew Senior Member

You call him a "wanna be homie" and talk about his "Made in China" sweater then get upset that HE'S a racist because he describes himself as a white anglo-saxon protestant (which he may be)? I hope you're a troll, because no one could possibly be this stupid.