-->

The Latest from WASP 101

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by Beresford, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Beresford

Beresford Super Member

United States
    Hawaii
    Honolulu
    I know there's been a thread or two posted about this guy and his blogsite, but I found his most recent column perfectly appalling. Definitely not a gentleman, even if he may think himself a WASP. One would like to hope he made it up.

http://www.wasp101.blogspot.com/

2. A Questionable Gentleman

A Questionable Gentleman Super Member

United States
    Pennsylvania
    Sunbury
    That tale would bring a single, manly tear of admiration to Harry Flashman's eye.

3. Quay

Quay Super Member

Tsk. If it's a true account then the writer is a complete cad. He's also lost his claim to gentlemanly status as one would not publicly brag about such appalling behavior.

Cordially,
    Adrian Quay

4. Duck

Duck Super Member

United States
    va
    Saluda
    What a jerk. All of it screams for attention. He posted earlier about making a lot of money because of new clients, shameful.

I apologize for my foul language earlier.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  5. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Oh, gosh! But Richard is very young and still evolving. And sometimes I wonder if he may just be trying to have a bit of fun with everyone.

Added after reflection: Yes, this is pretty bad, if he's not just trying to put everyone on. What I hear in that story is the echo of an ethos that permeates popular culture and is even resident in all too many business school graduates I encounter. I.e., "Others do not matter, and I can do anything to get what I want."

Added after further reflection: The above ethos described is essentially the definition of a sociopath.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  6. A Questionable Gentleman

United States
    Pennsylvania
    Sunbury
    Valmont would approve.

7. Cowtown

Cowtown Senior Member

United States
    Texas
    Fort Worth
    I like some of the pictures he posts. I take his stories with several large grains of salt.

8. I_Should_Be_Working

I_Should_Be_Working Senior Member

I don't really know about the type of folks most here have met, but this tale is very much in character with the sort of guy who would create a blog labeled WASP 101.

Whether he is real or imagined, it does not matter. The people who follow rules are those wanting to join the club. Once in, they act like heathens and use others who follow rules to fix their mistakes.

9. Duck

Duck Super Member

United States
    va
    Saluda
    It looks like a RL ad.

10. A Questionable Gentleman

United States
    Pennsylvania
    Sunbury
    It's like a scene from Justine.