Teaching the Young Ones to Protect Thenselves!

Discussion in 'Kid's Clothing' started by eagle2250, Aug 4, 2016.

1. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur<br>Moderator

Since relocating to sunny central Florida it seems I may have taught our two grandsons, through personal example, the value of wearing a hat to protect themselves from the suns rays. They started with baseball caps and one has now progressed to wearing a cotton poplin bucket hat. Perhaps their next step will be wearing a fedora crafted of woven plant debris...just like their Papa? LOL. ;)

Have any of you similar stories to share? :icon_scratch:

2. Shaver

Shaver Well-Known Member

Huh! I expected that this thread would be about rabbit punches, knuckledusters, blackjacks and the like. ;)

3. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur<br>Moderator

LOL...Hell no! If it were so focused, the possibility is great that they might employ their new found skills to gang up on me. :eek: ;)

4. Chouan

Chouan Well-Known Member

No, no, no. This is in the US, so they're not like us. My favourites were the "jaggy bonnet" (vide "peaky blinder), razor blades sewn into the lapels, and, of course, the ever popular punch in the back of the head when one's potential aggressor is having a slash in the urinal.

5. Dhaller

Dhaller Well-Known Member

I have a devil of a time getting my four year old daughter to wear a hat, in spite of my constant wearing of them outdoors (we live in Atlanta, so *almost* as hat-worthy as Florida). The problem mostly stems from vanity - she loves her hairstyles.

Of course, it took one view of a chic young woman wearing her sunglasses perched atop her head to get my daughter emulating *that*; one must be stylish.

I do plan on taking her to the Atlanta Steeplechase in the spring, and she'll probably love a "fancy" hat.

DH