Subtle Prince of Wales pattern: Ok for your basic charcoal suit?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by HanEyeAm, Jun 13, 2018.

1. ilikeyourstyle

ilikeyourstyle Super Member

Canada
    Ontario
    Toronto
    When I was rotating just one or two suits for most of my formal events, I stuck exclusively to solids. The reason wasn't because I thought patterns were inappropriate but rather that I felt a patterned suit would be too identifiable as my go-to suit.

That would be my only hesitation with relying on this suit for all events. I like the pattern, but it might be strange to keep rolling it out for every event, especially if someone notices.

Peak and Pine and HanEyeAm like this.
  2. HanEyeAm

HanEyeAm New Member

United States
    VA
    Mechanicsville
    Good point!

3. HanEyeAm

HanEyeAm New Member

United States
    VA
    Mechanicsville
    On further reflection, it reminds me of a colleague who I see at business meetings or conferences once or twice a year. Almost without fail, on the first day he wears a light grey suit. From a utility standpoint, I always know that I can easily find the tall, white-haired, bespeckled* fellow with a light grey suit to say hi on the first day of the meeting.

Might not be the best from a style perspective, but there seems to be something nice about the in-character familiarity, like identifying Charlie Brown by his yellow shirt with black, squiggly stripe.

Edit: *bespectacled

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  4. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast
    Poor guy.....I wonder what condition he has that has left him bespeckled?!

HanEyeAm likes this.
  5. HanEyeAm

HanEyeAm New Member

United States
    VA
    Mechanicsville
    Ha! Spelling fail on my part!