Something to be proud of, or do I have a problem?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Will.pennington7, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Will.pennington7

Will.pennington7 New Member

United States
    Florida
    Parrish
    Bought 'em all cash and have not payed full price for a single one of them! Matter of fact, bought a HSM GT sportcoat the other day, for $12!
    I do hope my weight stays at least close to what it is now.

2. medhat

medhat Super Member

United States
    Wisconsin
    Madison
    IMO there are worse vices, but conversely some may point to gluttony and whisper in secret.

Will.pennington7 likes this.
  3. 3piece

3piece Senior Member

United States
    CA
    Irvine
    The number of years you've worn suits is not necessarily proportional with the number of suits you own. I own fewer suits/sport coats today than four years ago because I decided to rid of ones that were not versatile.

Is something missing from your collection? You go to black tie parties and you have no tux? You have to wear a suit in the summer and you got no summer suit? Do you collect suits and you gotta have 'em all?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  4. Orsini

Orsini Honors Member

United States
    California
    Lawndale
    Your wardrobe seems well developed for your age. This augers well for your further development.

damon54, cortman and Will.pennington7 like this.
  5. Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Mr. B. Scott Robinson Super Member

Karachi, Pakistan - Bangkok, Thailand
    United States
    Pakistan/Thailand
    Karachi/Bangkok
    Good for you. As you are no doubt aware, there are far worse vices than wanting to look nice for work.

My son is in the second half of his senior year at University and he loves clothes as well. His problem is that he has very limited space for storage. You are very lucky if you have a room big enough to keep all that stuff in good nick. Well done.

Cheers,

BSR

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    damon54 and Will.pennington7 like this.
  6. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    There was a time, not so very many years ago, during which my wardrobe included 17 suits and and (I think it was) 23 blazers and sport coats. The kids had grown up, been educated, married and moved out and my ever growing wardrobe had laid claim to their closets and indeed, the one daughter's old bedroom became my walk-in closet/dressing room!

Then, being retired and occasionally getting lost in the unused spaces of the family home, we moved to central Florida and downsized rather drastically. Being an acknowledged cloths horse and an avowed shoe whore, I became acutely and painfully aware that available closet space could be a huge and decidedly hurtful problem:icon_pale:. Fully two thirds of my suits and sport coats and 50+ pairs of shoes and boots went to our church resale shop and the Goodwill Store. This AM, I sit before this keyboard, reporting this tale of human tragedy and sartorial woe, a saddened and, yes, broken man...no longer a Dandy! LOL. :oops:

Will.pennington7 and damon54 like this.
  7. damon54

damon54 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Texas
    Dallas
    Sounds to me as if you use & enjoy them all. Carry on & Best Wishes!!