Something to be proud of, or do I have a problem?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Will.pennington7, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Will.pennington7

Will.pennington7 New Member

United States
    Florida
    Parrish
    IMG_1479.JPG While packing for college, I placed the suits and sportcoats I was taking into garment bags, and only then realized the extent of my collection. While 19 suits/sportcoats may not seem to be extravagant to those who have been at this longer than I, bear in mind I am only 20. Shall I continue looking and purchasing, or stay satisfied with my current wardrobe for the time being?

2. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    If the situation you describe is a problem, it is a problem that 'Oh-so-many' of us wish we had. Looking back on my college experience, so many decades past, depending on your living arrangements at school, your real problem may be available closet space. I certainly wouldn't recommend that you actively go about shopping for more and would recommend you take only those suits/sport coats that you anticipate actually needing during the school term and leave the rest at home. I doubt you will see many of your college classmates getting all suited and booted to go to class. Most dress codes are non-existent or really lax. In any event, enjoy the experience! ;)

3. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast
    Where does a 20 year old wear suits and sport coats? When I was your age, and in college, I owned a single navy blazer. Can't say I had any use for much more than that.

ilikeyourstyle likes this.
  4. Will.pennington7

United States
    Florida
    Parrish
    Bible college! I'm a pastoral ministries major, and wear at least a tie to class. Plus I wear them to church. So that puts me in dress clothes at minimum 6 days a week.

medhat likes this.
  5. Will.pennington7

United States
    Florida
    Parrish
    I wouldn't call it a problem, but I'm a clothes horse. My wonder is if it is perceived as excessive. I certainly do enjoy them though!

6. Hanzo

Hanzo Super Member

United States
    California
    San Diego
    For the sake of decency, I'd suggest wearing more than that. At least pants. It is a bible college afterall.

fishertw and Charles Dana like this.
  7. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast
    Ahh, I see. Well I am a church-goer myself, but it sounds like you and I had very different college experiences!

8. Will.pennington7

United States
    Florida
    Parrish
    Haha well I'll speak for everyone else when I say, nobody wants to see that!

9. Will.pennington7

United States
    Florida
    Parrish
    It is a quite conservative school (Crown College of the Bible). I don't begrudge it in the least, I'm that way myself. I recognize that it's not what most people think of as college, but I love it!

10. Charles Dana

Charles Dana Advanced Member

United States
    California
    San Francisco
    That is something that is not worth wondering about.

You're not buying these clothes on credit, are you? And how confident are you that all these clothes will still fit you 6 or 7 years from now?

If you are paying cash and are serious about keeping your weight stable, then carry on. Just stay away from those You Tube videos touting the benefits of doing 100 push-ups every day.