-->

So what's new? Share your latest purchase here!

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by RogerP, Sep 20, 2017.

1. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville
    Greetings all,

I thought it might be nice to have one spot were we could post recent wardrobe additions. Picked up a new jacket, waistcoat, belt or tie? Feel free to give us a peek. Found a really good deal on-line or at a brick and mortar? Share the good news here. Considering a new purchase but on the fence? We stand ready to enable.

Everything BUT SHOES and BOOTS please (let's keep those in the existing dedicated thread).

So what's new for fall with you all? Or new in general?

My latest is this thick tweedy casual sport coat by D'Avenza. I've been wanting to expand my smart casual wear with a few jackets that work well sans tie and with more casual trousers. This one will be paired with some plush golden-brown cords that are my second most recent purchase (no pics of those, unfortunately).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cyril, MIronto, momsdoc and 3 others like this.
  2. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    Last week I picked up an Ermengildo Zegna sport coat on sale at Nordstrom Rack.

I’ll post a pic tonight when I get home.

3. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Super Member

United States
    NC
    Waxhaw
    Great thread idea. That's a great jacket @RogerP. I envy you getting to wear tweed. It's going to be 88 degrees here today and I'm still wearing summer clothing for the foreseeable.

RogerP likes this.
  4. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville
    The things I look forward to most about this change of season: boots and heavy fabrics. I just love the look and feel of flannels, tweed and cashmere.

momsdoc and CLTesquire like this.
  5. mreams99

mreams99 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Ohio
    Marysville
    I agree 100%. I would add corduroy to that list myself. That sports coat that you just purchased is great. That is absolutely something that I would wear.
    I've got a tweed jacket from Orvis on the way. I'll have to post pictures when it arrives.

RogerP likes this.
  6. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean
    Just recieved this tweed sports coat from PC today. Great clearance sale pricing, and enough colors in the donegal to go with everything. Fits perfectly without any alterations needed. But I already knew that from experience.

IMG_1021.JPG IMG_1023.JPG IMG_1025.JPG IMG_1027.JPG IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_5745.JPG

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  7. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville
    ^^^ That's some lovely tweed right there.

Cyril likes this.
  8. delicious_scent

delicious_scent Senior Member

Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Regina
    PC's "jeanos". Basically thicker chinos that are ultra casual. They have a proper rise for my body.

[​IMG]

I realized a few months ago that I've properly rehauled my wardrobe over the years....except for the most basic items that I'm most likely to wear every day.

I had a pair of low rise Levi chinos for years, and I finally decided to retire them. I feel much more comfortable in these. Can fully spread my legs, have much more range of motion, no flashing underwear when bending over etc.

RogerP likes this.
  9. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    "Change of season(s)?" Yes I remember such fondly. However, over the past two years the best I could hope for was an opportunity to put away the linen, cotton poplin and seersucker garments and for a few short months, pull out the flannels and lightweight tweeds. The "snowbirds" come to Florida for a reason during the 'colder weather(?)' months of the year and it isn't for a chance to enjoy the 'briskly falling outside air temperatures or snow! LOL. ;)

RogerP likes this.
  10. vonSuess

vonSuess Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Indiana
    Indianapolis
    Well, I bought this Henschel hat from Wilson's Leather (!) for $39.00 with free shipping. It seems to be a different price every day, but I think this is about as low as it gets. It's dark olive leather that a lot of people mistake for brown. When the weather cools off, I'll wear it with tweed and leather jackets and since I've hosed it down pretty well with water repellent, probably with my rain coat as well.

I know what you're thinking about Wilson's, but it's a pretty nice hat for the money...
    upload_2017-9-20_19-36-23.png
    Hans

Cyril and RogerP like this.