Ode to the Alden LHS

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by qwerty, Sep 24, 2007.

1. qwerty

qwerty Super Member

Taking Doctor Damage's lead (but never even thinking to aspire to do for this forum all that he has done), I thought it might be fun to start an Alden LHS thread.

Here are some pictures culled from eBay listings, Google Images, and the like:

In the beginning. These must be very old, considering the V-cleat, no-rubber heel. Notice the toe box collapse due to the lack of lining. Still beautiful.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. qwerty

qwerty Super Member

Those were ancient BB unlined LHSs. Here are some (less) ancient Alden LHSs which seem to have been resoled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. qwerty

qwerty Super Member

A gorgeous brand new pair of BB LHSs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. qwerty

qwerty Super Member

Some amateur photos from Google.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. qwerty

qwerty Super Member

A gorgeous Japanese rendition, first brought to my attention by Harris back in 2005: the 99162. I often wonder how these would look in a size larger than 7.5. These were around $800 shipped to the US back when Harris first posted them, I believe.

In Color 8:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In black:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  6. qwerty

qwerty Super Member

More.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. qwerty

qwerty Super Member

With these last two pictures of the LHS in action, I invite you all to post your own LHS pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Harris

Harris Advanced Member

Many thanks for the photos.

Boyer's article tells the history of the tassel moc. I wonder when the LHS moc came into being.

9. AlanC

AlanC Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum

United States
    Heart of the Bluegrass
    Lexington
    Who was it that offered a full-strap LHS available recently? To my taste that was a slight improvement on the standard LHS, but that aside, the LHS is just the perfect casual shoe.

10. wolfhound986

wolfhound986 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    CA
    San Francisco
    qwerty, nice photos!

Being a 986 fan, I can look forward to my own pair acquiring that nice patina as it ages. Gets better with time. Of course, there's something awesome about a factory-fresh, brand new pair as well!!