Nice looking winter boots w/ decent traction

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by romrom, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Those are very nice boots!
    [​IMG]

I recently got the unlined Jackie III from Herring. It's my first pair of Cheaney footwear, and I'm very pleased with the quality.

2. scottfranklin

scottfranklin New Member

Rochester, New York
    United States
    New York
    Rochester
    Yeah, I know. I'm not sure it's $200 nicer than the Meermin, though. Especially since the lining means it really is a single season boot. But I'm a real sucker for textured leather, so...

3. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean
    Just to confuse things a little more.

Heshung Hetre boot. Fully shearing lined, grained leather. Norvegese storm welting, waterproof all season Ravel rubber sole. :devil:

796AB985-8DAB-4A4E-BAF4-1CA689FC9B95.jpeg
    0625711E-CF6E-49E3-AF36-47F9BC7B03BC.jpeg
    71819F67-1D86-4620-B9EE-64103397DD80.jpeg
    865B520C-9F89-4527-A60F-DDECCACFEEB2.jpeg

NMWA

4. scottfranklin

scottfranklin New Member

Rochester, New York
    United States
    New York
    Rochester
    I saw those earlier in the thread and thought they looked a little boxy (and pricey), but these pics look like a more streamlined toe, and they're on sale at https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/heschung/hetre-shearling-lined-leather-boots/906758. But only 1 pair left in my size, so I better figure something out soon.

What do you wear them with? I'm not looking for something suit-formal; slacks and dress shirt is already dressy enough for a professor.

5. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean
    $414 and one left in your size?

STOP THINKING.

Buy them now, you’ll regret it later if you don’t. You can always get the Cheanys later on if you want a chukka. A tall shearling lined nice classy boot of heshung’s quality doesn’t come around at that price everyday.

To me it’s a no brainer. Too many times have I dithered back and forth, only to realize I let a great opportunity slip by.

Dress shirt or flannel shirt, with or without sweater. Any non refined trouser such as wool flannel, cord, moleskin, cav twill, jeans, Khakis, even a casual sports coat, all will pair well with it.

Decide now. Since they are burgundy (which I don’t have in a shearling) and the one size left you mention is a UK9 (my size), I might pull the trigger if you hesitate. I can’t let that boot end up in the hands of a nonAAAC member who may not appreciate it. Besides, we’re expecting 6-10 inches of snow tonight, so my Heshung Zemmat boots will need some competition. They’re black, and a burgundy grain is looking mighty nice right now. I’m also really happy with the victory sole, and Goyser stitching? Well next to finding real Zug leather, that’s just heaven for a snow boot in my book. as a matter of fact if those were Zug, you wouldn’t be reading this, I would have snatched them out from under your nose, and not have felt a pang of guilt. I’ve been looking for a Zug burgundy, shearling lined, Goyser stitched, tall boot for 3 years. Scotch grain might be close enough for me. Especially at that crazy price.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  6. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean
    Here’s something weird. The pic looks brown. Under color it says Burgundy. Under details and care it says brown.

That makes them perversely more desirable for me. If they are brown and I purchase them, then I still can look for the Burgundy Zug boot I want. The hunt goes on.

The only one I know of already has an owner, who takes good care of them. I just don’t think I could persuade RogerP to part with his. As much as I find wearing used boots distasteful, in his case I’d make an exception.

7. scottfranklin

scottfranklin New Member

Rochester, New York
    United States
    New York
    Rochester
    I think you should take them. I don't know if it's the brown (vs burgundy) or the shape, but I'm not lusting after them like I am the Cheaney's. I really appreciate your not just grabbing them before me, but I would hate for you to lose them when I'm ambivalent. Now, I might feel differently if they were a burgundy...

8. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville
    momsdoc I think those Zugs will be with me for life. I just went on lengthy and frosty hike with them - woodlands and open fields all covered with a generous dose of fresh snowfall. The boots performed brilliantly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean

I just tried the site. I can put them in my basket, but when I go to checkout, it says the site cannot be found. When I searched Mr. Porter for Heshung, it came up with nothing. When I searched for Hetre, all I got were gloves.

????????

10. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean
    I then realized my son is returning to school in 2 weeks, and his shearling Meermins are a bit dressy for classes. So I went on Herring’s site for shearling boots, and found these.

B3F143D4-3F4E-432B-ADF0-4B6BE1F0E002.png

But the ANDY10 code won’t work.

Not to be deterred, I went thru AAAC to Herring’s linked site and while they don’t have the above boot, they had a shearling chukka.

E0029CF7-8855-4FDC-958E-B12A0F770F62.png

Again the ANDY10 code did not work. Anyone knows what gives?