-->

New Shoes Thread

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by CLTesquire, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Chris Giakoumakos

Chris Giakoumakos Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Tampa
    United States
    Florida
    Tampa
    They did a really good jobs polishing them boots! may you wear them well, they are gorgeous.

2. CMT

CMT New Member

United States
    CA
    Silicon Valley
    Thank you, Chris!

3. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville
    Now THAT is a PROPER new shoes presentation. Awesome boots - big congrats!

4. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville
    I have yet to see a new pair of shoes or boots that couldn't benefit from a proper professional shine (excluding suede, or course). Of course, a very skilled and patient enthusiast could accomplish close to the same results - but my shine skills are moderate and my patience minimal.

And the greatest benefit I have found in a pro shine is the ease of care going forward. For most of my shoes that have received the pro touch, a wipe with a damp cloth and quick buff with a dry one is all they seem to need for a very long time.

Even when I don't go the pro route, I will generally give any new pair of shoes a light coat of neutral polish before the first outdoor wearing. For the same reason I will wax a brand new car as soon as I get it home.

5. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville
    Not Edward Green, but to illustrate the pro shine difference:

1) Vass boots fresh out of the box:

[​IMG]

2) After shine:

[​IMG]

6. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean
    You learn something new everyday.

7. Chris Giakoumakos

Tampa
    United States
    Florida
    Tampa
    I k
    I now pronounce you..
    Sir Roger P.

8. Chris Giakoumakos

Tampa
    United States
    Florida
    Tampa
    CMT, a word to the wise.. Last year, I ordered some shoes from SKOKTIEBOLAGET and along with that a Burgol Suede brush. Don't use it on your Galways! I have the exact same pair like yours from BB and where I brushed it, while it didn't completely ruin it you can tell that the suede didn't like it.. Ever since I have been using a Saphir crepe brush. Actually today, after seeing your beautiful boots and the professional shine , I got a bit jealous and decided to order the Saphir suede renovateur spray in Dark brown to try and mask the damage (which is about 3 inch long by 1 inch wide). So I will try spraying a bit in the heel, to see if the color matches and if it does , spray I will. Anyway, sorry for the long post, point was be carefull what suede brush you use, they are not created equal.

9. Chris Giakoumakos

Tampa
    United States
    Florida
    Tampa
    Roger P. , UPR Crust was gracious enough to show us a glimpse from his shoe closet. I expect nothing less from you ( same goes for momsdoc as well!)

10. StephenRG

StephenRG Honors Member

United States
    New York
    Merrick
    Roger just needs to find his wide-angle lens first :)