New boots arrived. Shoe tree question.

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by DRWWE, Aug 15, 2017.

1. drlivingston

drlivingston Connoisseur

United States
    of
    America
    All that I have in my inventory right now in that size is a pair of western boot trees.

[​IMG]

2. stolo17

stolo17 Starting Member

United States
    GA
    Atlanta
    Regular shoe trees are just fine.

3. scottfranklin

scottfranklin New Member

Rochester, New York
    United States
    New York
    Rochester
    Can't advise on shoe trees but jealous of the boots. They're gorgeous!

4. CardsHockey

CardsHockey Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Michigan
    Ann Arbor
    I have the woodlore boot trees for a pair of AE First Ave boots, which are similar shape to the ones you bought (though not as nice!). I don't know if the boot trees are necessary, but I like them as I lace up the boots and it seems like it will help keep the boots' shape better but maybe it's just me justifying my boot tree purchase. :)

WDG likes this.
  5. WDG

WDG Starting Member

United States
    Texas
    Fort Worth
    I’ll echo CardsHockey’s post, as I have the “Boss” boot trees in five pair of boots, and I also tie my boots’ laces to help keep the shafts in shape. Three pair are the same size as AE Daltons.

As far as being difficult to insert, I have not found that to be the case, at all. They’re maybe slightly more fiddly that putting in regular shoe trees, but only slightly.

Over all, I’ve been quite pleased with them, and will get more when I add more boots.

6. CardsHockey

CardsHockey Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Michigan
    Ann Arbor
    I agree the boot trees are not difficult to insert. Just loosen up the laces and they go in easy enough; I have never had a problem.

WDG likes this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Super Member

United States
    California
    San Diego
    Just so happens that my boss boot trees arrived last night for my new Daltons. I'm glad I spent a few extra bucks over regular shoe trees. The added support for the shaft of the boots is not only great for keeping there shape while resting, but also gives the leather support while I'm polishing them.

Regular shoe trees are around $30, those bosses are $50. Considering the cost of the boots, polish, brushes, and everything else that goes into protecting them, I can afford the extra $20.

8. WDG

WDG Starting Member

United States
    Texas
    Fort Worth
    Here’s why to be on Woodlore’s email list: I bought four of my boot trees and several of my “Epic” shoe trees over two or three of their BOGO sales. If you’re patient, these sales come up from time to time. Love their trees, and love getting them half-price, too!

Hanzo likes this.
  9. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Indeed the Boss Boot trees are fine for laced boot designs, but don't ever make the mistake of inserting them in a western or other closed shafted boot design. They will be very difficult to remove! This advice is based on personal experience. :oops:

Hanzo likes this.
  10. carrda04

carrda04 Starting Member

United States
    Minnesota
    Minneapolis
    This is a great thread - thank you! I have had a pair of AE Bleecker Streets for a few years and have resorted to stuffing with newspaper as the standard Woodlore/AE shoe trees caused a significant crease in the leather where the heelcup ends, just over 2/3 the way up the heel of the boot. I've taken it to AE both in Minneapolis and in Port Washington, WI, and they simply told me to stop using the shoe trees. Not advising me that Woodlore makes the boot tree seems a bit of an oversight. I have ordered from Woodlore multiple times, however, so I'm not entirely blameless...