My Second Luxire Dress Shirt!

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Andy, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Andy

Andy Site Creator/Administrator Staff Member

United States
    California
    Palm Desert
    Admin Post
    Thanks to some of your suggestions, Luxire changed some features on their website and now offer a wider range of fabrics.

http://custom.luxire.com

I just got my second shirt from Luxire. It's the one below (sorry for the big photo).
    Navy Sky Graph by Monti

Introductory Price: $59.99
    • 2/140s, 100% Premium, super fine Cotton
    • Medium weight, by Monti
    • Thick Mother-of-pearl buttons
    • Only Luxire offers 1mm Stainless steel collar-stays with all shirts
    • 20 stitches per inch, for the refined look
    • Machine Wash Cold, Tumble Dry
    Look at all the options available on this page:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?115064-Luxire-Dress-Shirts&highlight=Luxire

What's great is the fabric and they now have stainless steel collar stays! AND they listened about the monogram position. I ordered no pocket and the monogram on the left chest where the pocket would have gone.

Great shirt, good fit, excellent fabric and the price is really a good value!

[​IMG]

2. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    What a very handsome fabric selection and it does seem one does get a whole lote of shirt, at a very modest price, from Luxire.

3. amemovox

amemovox Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    CA
    Fresno
    I placed an order yesterday. So far, customer service exemplary.

4. Andy

Andy Site Creator/Administrator Staff Member

United States
    California
    Palm Desert
    Admin Post
    More details on the shirt (I was a little stretched for time)!

Luxire has now launched custom shirts on their website http://custom.luxire.com

Decided to check them out. Placed an order and received a shirt that was of exceptional quality and "workpersonship".

It was priced at only $59.99, and included thick Mother-of-pearl buttons and Monogram and everything else. They have a single, all inclusive pricing, which includes 2 day shipping by FedEx.

My order was placed on Wednesday, May 30th and received the shirt on Monday, June 4th, a 5 day turnaround time, which included a weekend. So, got the shirt in 3 business days!

Details:

1. Website and Customer Service

Looks nice, easy to use and order. But, very limited and at times buggy interface. The site needs a revamp.

But, the shortcoming in the site is more than adequately covered by customer service and email communication.

Whatever customizations are required beyond the options on the website can be communicated through a note on the shopping cart page, which opens a world to unlimited possibilities.

Their support staff seems knowledgeable and would ask questions to make sure there are no ambiguities.

I had missed providing my shirt length and cuff size. They promptly emailed me asking for the same and included the standard cuff and length measurements. I went for the standards.

2. The Shirt:

a. Sizing: After I received the shirt, I promptly pulled out my measuring tape to check the shirt against the order. Each size matched perfectly. Did that again after a wash, same results.

There has been much discussion on this Forum about shirt shrinkage. Each Luxire fabric is stabilized for shrinkage by washing, drying and ironed up to 3 times before being cut into patterns and stitched!

For the sizing, they make paper patterns by hand, which ensures such accuracy.

b. Fabric: The fabric was rich and soft. It's a Monti fabric as advertised.

c. Collar: It is a beautiful collar. The perfect shape and feel with the right tie-space. Look at the images.
    My collar was fused, still decently soft, a result of the brushed lining, rarely seen in RTW and not very often in MTM either. They make unfusedon request. I will try that the next time.

d. Buttons: Thick (about 3 mm) Mother-of-pearl, were on the whiter side though.

e. Construction: The shirt was made beautifully. Not a single stray thread or overstitch or pucker or any blemish that I could find. The button stitching, button-holes, hemming all look beautiful. Construction is at par with most other custom shirts.

3. Conclusion:

These are excellent shirts and given the price and quick delivery, a great value.

Luxire2 (Copy).jpg

5. arnaudr

arnaudr Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    NJ
    EDISON
    A spread collar shirt we made yesterday.

Buttons are the new Australian sea shell we received recently. They are thick and amazing.

[​IMG]

6. zzdocxx

zzdocxx Honors Member

United States
    California
    San Diego
    Arnaud, which fabric is that?

7. arnaudr

United States
    NJ
    EDISON
  8. amemovox

amemovox Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    CA
    Fresno
    Just received my first 3 shirt order and am extremely pleased. These were custom shirts. I simply sent them one
    of my custom shirts with a good fit and they replicated it with a few minor tweaks.

The buttons are very good quality, fabrics better than expected. For $59 and change, OTR is not an option.

My thanks to the staff at Luxire.

9. arnaudr

United States
    NJ
    EDISON

Thank you for the opportunity Amemovox. Am glad you liked the shirts.

Below is an OCBD we made today. Small, unfused collars and hidden buttons placket.

[​IMG]

10. upthewazzu

upthewazzu Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    WA
    Pullman
    I'm in love with the shirt that you use in the ad on the side of this page:

a.JPG

It's just a matter of convincing the wife that $100 for a shirt of this quality isn't unreasonable.