-->

Looking for (2) pairs of versatile shoes for a business casual office...

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by LookinSharp24, Jun 19, 2017.

1. LookinSharp24

LookinSharp24 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    NY
    Harrison
    i am thinking a PTB and a Chukka

thoughts on these two and advice on decent brands that won't break the bank?

does AE have a decent PTB? anyone else?

2. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    I like the idea of a chukka but why a PTB? Why not a short of long wing blucher?

Practical doesn't have to mean boring.

3. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    AE's Leeds design is an excellent choice for a PTB. They also offer chukka boot designs that can frequently be found on sale! Good luck in your hunt. :thumbs-up:

4. Dmontez

Dmontez Super Member

United States
    Texas
    Corpus Christi
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. Maljunulo

Maljunulo Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Connecticut
    Vernon
    Monk straps?

6. kendallr88

kendallr88 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    NC
    Charlotte
    Agreed, if I were to purchase a PTB, it would have to be the AE Leeds suede offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
  8. LookinSharp24

LookinSharp24 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    NY
    Harrison
  9. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean

??????
    You're an active member for over 4 years. I've read your posts. ???? You're asking FLANDERIAN if he prefers Sanders and Sanders????

Is the Pope Catholic?

10. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    I'm pre-business casual, so I guess the answer to whether they would work in business casual depends upon your interpretation of it. I know they would work an any I might construe. Both are entirely suitable for wear with anything from khakis to sport jackets and dress slacks. Sanders makes a very nicely finished shoe.

Trickers is substantially more, and while obviously a fine shoe, many feel it may be somewhat overpriced for what it is. I haven't bought Barker or Loake 1880 recently. I know and trust Sanders. They make a quality, comfortable shoe that is an outstanding value, and I know that each shoe is made entirely in Rushton, Northamptonshire. Barker has some nice looking shoes, and some strange looking shoes. Some are obviously off-shore, and I had read some time ago that much of the content even of those labeled made in England, may not be. Evidently Loake's 1880 is, and I know Shaver loves them. I have no reason to think they're not a decent shoe, and the also offer good value. But I generally prefer the look of Sanders.

If you like any of the Barker or 1880 shoes, I won't try to talk you out of it, but I don't have a comfort level with them, and I've been very pleased with Sanders. And from friend momsdoc, I have little reason to doubt his assertion that both Carmina and Yanko offer very fine quality and value for quality also.

See below -

:redface: :redface: :redface:

Edit: Oh! And Sanders makes the dress shoes for the Royal Navy. :biggrin: