-->

light/sky blue braces and bow tie...

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by chris jones, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Cassadine

Cassadine Senior Member

United States
    Pennsylvania
    Butler
    Yes, thank you. I've always preferred black as the safe bet. But the other gentlemen's advice--and maybe I'm reading it incorrectly-- seemed to indicate that Americans (?) wouldn't do the same in that given situation. Hence, my confusion.

2. London380sl

London380sl Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Canada
    Ontario
    Toronto
    Ben with 10 groomsmen.png View attachment 17968 Chris. If your colour scheme is light blue I'd go with light grey slacks and black shoes. Sorry couldn't find with baby blue suspenders.

If you want alternate ideas your best bet is to go to Google Images and type in "Groomsmen in suspenders". You will get a whack of pictures to look at for inspiration.

When I first read your post I thought it was a bit of a bonker idea but after looking at some of pics I can see the merit of this idea for a summer wedding. Not the way I'd would go but its not my wedding.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  3. Matt S

Matt S Connoisseur

United States
    NY
    New York
    Currently, black shoes are unfashionable in the US. Some people think I'm crazy for wearing black shoes with anything other than black trousers.

Cassadine likes this.
  4. Cassadine

Cassadine Senior Member

United States
    Pennsylvania
    Butler
    That party definitely has the advantage of youth, with a just a touch of hipster added on top.

5. Cassadine

Cassadine Senior Member

United States
    Pennsylvania
    Butler
    I see your in the City. I'm from the NY metro area but haven't lived there in years. Out near Pittsburgh, black isn't a problem as far as I can tell.

6. Matt S

Matt S Connoisseur

United States
    NY
    New York
    Black used to be the thing here. Now brown and tan shoes dominate. You'd find even here that many will rarely or never wear black shoes. Just ask Andy! There's a lot of dislike for black shoes here and on other menswear forums, as well as in fashion magazines.

7. Oldsarge

Oldsarge Moderator and Bon Vivant

On the banks of the Willamette
    United States
    Oregon
    Oak Grove
    And black suits, navy trousers and a whole bunch of other choices some people are silly enough to obsess over. iGentry is a plague.

8. Oldsarge

Oldsarge Moderator and Bon Vivant

On the banks of the Willamette
    United States
    Oregon
    Oak Grove
    And black suits, navy trousers and a whole bunch of other choices some people are silly enough to obsess over. iGentry is a plague.

9. Cassadine

Cassadine Senior Member

United States
    Pennsylvania
    Butler
    "iGentry"? As in Internet warriors who think they're feudal lords?

10. Cassadine

Cassadine Senior Member

United States
    Pennsylvania
    Butler
    As for magazines, well, that's not much of an issue for me. But really? In the finance industry black shoes are passe? I have a cousin who's a commodities broker and a friend who works at the Fed; I might ask them about this. They'll l likely think me crazed.