-->

Is a pincord stripe suit...

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Clintotron, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Clintotron

Clintotron Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Louisiana
    Lake Charles
    ...ever ok for a funeral? Asking for a friend... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Maljunulo

Maljunulo Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Connecticut
    Vernon
    What color?

3. Clintotron

Clintotron Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Louisiana
    Lake Charles
    Blue and white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    If he can avoid it, that would be ideal. If it's the only suit he has, then I suppose there's little choice.

5. Charles Dana

Charles Dana Advanced Member

United States
    California
    San Francisco
    "Ever"? It's difficult to answer a question that uses the word "ever" because "ever" encompasses all possibilities.

My mom's next door neighbor wore a tan poplin suit to her funeral. He did not cause a panic, mainly because hardly any other men were wearing suits--and the family was just grateful he was there.

6. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    What is his relationship to the deceased?

7. JBierly

JBierly Super Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    I guess it is a lighter colored summer suit? If it's going to be hot and include a trip to the gravesite in the heat then it may be quite appropriate.

8. CaptThumpy

CaptThumpy New Member

United States
    Indiana
    Indianapolis
    On one side of the family, funerals were attended by men in bib overalls, work uniforms, and a smattering of military dress uniforms for pallbearers. Nobody, including the deceased, wore a suit and few probably owned one. My grandfather was buried in his forestry service uniform, he'd never worn a suit in his life and we weren't going to put one on him in death. On the other side of the family, funerals called for a suit or dress uniform.

My opinion is to know what the others are likely to wear, dress to blend. If you're a pallbearer, arrange some sort of uniformity ahead of time. The funeral is not about you, it's about the man or woman in the box. Being the peacock among the chickens, or vice versa, distracts from that.

9. momsdoc

momsdoc Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Ocean
    Did anyone look at the OP's location? Things might be very different in the Bayou.

10. JBierly

JBierly Super Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    Indeed, I did notice and assuming the heat and humidity may be a factor many summer fabrics may be in play.