-->

Intro OK here?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Jainarayan, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Jainarayan

Jainarayan New Member

NJ USA
    United States
    New Jersey
    Monroe
    I'd like to say hello before I just jump into conversations.

I call myself Jainarayan (Jai + Narayan = "victory/glory/hail to God"), but you can call me Jai (pronounced "jay"). It's a Hindi language name though I am not Indian. I am an Italian-American Indophile who adopted Hinduism. I'm complicated.

Anyway...

I always liked buying and wearing nice clothes, as nice as I could afford.

I was kind of athletic (weightlifting, biking, running) until some injuries put the brakes on a lot of that. I still do the best I can. Despite the activities I've always been somewhat husky and chunky. Being short (just about 5' 6") and "husky" (currently 218 lbs) often makes it difficult to get properly fitting clothes. All my pants and jackets have to be shortened. Unfortunately I'm not in a financial position to get mtm or bespoke. :(

I like music, books, movies, history, binge-watching certain shows. I hope I have some meaningful things to say, but more importantly, I'd like to learn.

2. Jainarayan

Jainarayan New Member

NJ USA
    United States
    New Jersey
    Monroe
    My goodness! I forgot to write what I typically wear! :eek: :D

I work in IT as a systems administrator, in a business casual environment. Sometimes I think it's too casual, but who am I to judge others? I have worn a tie, just for kicks. Our finance manager liked it and said he's been pushing for a return to a higher dress code, if not traditional business dress.

I typically wear open collar shirts or polos, dress slacks or Dockers-type chinos. Only very rarely do I wear t shirt and jeans. My shirts of preference are buttondown collars, but I have maybe an almost-equal number of regular collars. I recently went through my closet mercilessly and ruthlessly and pulled anything that was remotely tired out or ill-fitting.

Don't laugh but I've discovered Kohl's Croft & Barrow line of shirts. They are blends, they fit very nicely, the fabric and construction is really not bad, the colors and patterns are nice, and the prices are good. I have enough in rotation that I can probably go at least a month of work days (I do wear them on weekends too) without wearing the same one again. So, it will take quite a while before they head for the trash heap.

3. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Welcome to AAAC. It is always good to see new members coming on board with questions to be answered and experiences and opinions of their own to be shared with the membership. Should your primary interest in joining be to learn more regarding the sartorial arts(;)), you have come to the right place. Having been a member for right at a dozen years, I can honestly tell you it is a very rare day/experience to sign on each day and not learn something new.

As for your concerns regarding any potential reactions to Kohl's clothing lines. don't needlessly worry about such issues. Buy the best quality you can afford and make absolutely sure that the garments fit you properly and you will be just fine!

Again, Jainarayan, welcome to AAAC. I'm lookingf forward to your future postings. :)

Jainarayan likes this.
  4. Jainarayan

Jainarayan New Member

NJ USA
    United States
    New Jersey
    Monroe
    Thanks! :)

5. Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Mr. B. Scott Robinson Senior Member

Karachi, Pakistan - Bangkok, Thailand
    United States