-->

Help with new-to-me Burberrys coat

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by DangerousMouse, Nov 29, 2017.

1. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    I’m sure there are some genuine articles out there, particularly vintage.

Still, given the state of counterfeit merchandise available online and the fact that Burberry is one of the most knocked off brands out there, it’s safest to assume that if you find it on eBay, it’s a knock off. At least until proven otherwise.

2. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage Connoisseur

Canada
    Ontario
    Toronto
    That's a sweeping assertion which is so broad and general as to be basically useless and unhelpful. Also, how does one prove an item is genuine or not?

Elessarcif likes this.
  3. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    I’m not sure. But avoiding buying Burberry from an online auction site is a good way to avoid having to concern oneself with the answer.

Listen, I’m simply stating my opinion and my preference. You may feel otherwise and you’ve stated your position. The OP is best served by weighing all these considerations and coming to his own conclusion.

4. triklops55

triklops55 Super Member

United States
    California
    San Jose
    I agree, but I think vintage "Burberrys" stuff is fairly safe. Sure, I've seen some knock off older stuff, but I think the knock off frenzy started when Burberry rebranded itself as a fashion label about 20 years ago or so.

In any case, the older stuff is of much higher quality, so knock offs are easy to spot. It's sad that the newer, genuine Burberry stuff is of such poor quality that it's hard to tell the knock offs from the real deal.

In any case, I believe the coat in question to be authentic based on my experience.

5. ran23

ran23 Senior Member

United States
    Oregon
    Medford
    My favorite consignment store has one dark olive with liner. too bad it's a 40-R $395.00