Hats (Again!)

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Flanderian, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    At least what the nice folks of vintage Esquire suggested we might enjoy -

upload_2018-7-6_18-18-14.png

upload_2018-7-6_18-19-21.png

upload_2018-7-6_18-20-4.png

upload_2018-7-6_18-20-46.png

upload_2018-7-6_18-21-18.png

upload_2018-7-6_18-21-50.png

upload_2018-7-6_18-22-33.png

Mr. B. Scott Robinson likes this.
  2. SplurgeFrugal1

SplurgeFrugal1 Starting Member

United States
    New Mexico
    Albuquerque
    A hat flashback! I never leave home without a Panama hat in the summer. It really does keep the head cool and nothing else so effortlessly adds a touch of style and elegance. Sigh... I yearn for the return of hats!

3. Oldsarge

Oldsarge Moderator and Bon Vivant

On the banks of the Willamette
    United States
    Oregon
    Oak Grove
    If you wear one, they have returned. Every time I sport a fedora or tweed cap I get compliments. Anyone telling you that hats are passé is wrong and wrong headed. Pay them no heed. Put on a hat.

4. SplurgeFrugal1

SplurgeFrugal1 Starting Member

United States
    New Mexico
    Albuquerque
    Touché!

williamson likes this.
  5. Dhaller

Dhaller Super Member

United States
    Georgia
    Atlanta
    I was just in Japan for three weeks, where I wore a sisal Napoli hat (Lock & Co.) daily. Really a terrific hat, and I like the darker, richer shade of sisal over a straw panama.

DH napoli_hat_sand_1.jpg

6. Claybuster

Claybuster Senior Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Memphis
    I wear hats often. During the summer months, I sport my Panama and during the cooler times, I have two wool fedoras. I always get compliments.

williamson likes this.
  7. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Nice hat!

8. delicious_scent

delicious_scent Senior Member

Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Regina
    Anyone have a recommendation for a hat for me? A casual hat, and preferably cheaper than $100USD. I don't need a super authentic Panama Hat, just something that looks good and keeps the sun off my head.

It was 100F today and I felt awful even stepping out of the car.

I am planning on going to Vegas in August, where apparently 100F would be laughable, 110-130F can be common I read. I'll likely be wearing polos, plaid shorts, short sleeve button downs etc. I do like the shade of Dhaller's hat as well.

I'm just teetering into a large size for a hat, but people have remarked that my head and facial features generally look "small", so most hats overwhelm my face completely, including ballcaps, so I avoid them.

9. Dhaller

Dhaller Super Member

United States
    Georgia
    Atlanta
    For decent, cheap, packable, breathable hats in a variety of styles, I'm partial to Sunday Afternoons (https://www.sundayafternoons.com/). Check out their men's fedoras and so on. Really sort of technical hats but also available in some urban-friendly designs. Nothing fancy, but perfect for a tourist fighting three-digit heat.

DH

10. delicious_scent

delicious_scent Senior Member

Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Regina
    I liked the styling of this and was about to take the plunge until I read "90% paper"

https://www.sundayafternoons.com/p/havana-hat/

[​IMG]