Got a great deal on C&J Spectators, but don't know what to wear them with!

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by ElPresidente, Sep 10, 2017.

1. ElPresidente

ElPresidente Starting Member

United States
    Louisiana
    Baton Rouge
    I recently came across a pair of Crockett and Jones Hampton Spectator (Tan and White). They appeared to only have been worn once or twice and were priced at $100, so I couldn't "not" buy them. Needless to say, I don't think I have anything in my wardrobe (other than seersucker) to wear them with. While I know that I can't wear them until spring, I would like to be on the lookout for a suit that would complement the shoes. Any ideas? Below is a picture of the shoes for reference.

[​IMG]

2. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    Cream or some other off white slacks or even light/pearl gray slacks come to mind. Very nice by the way. I'm not terribly keen on spectators but those are handsome.

3. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Those are beautiful shoes! And I think you're right in their being best for spring and summer. They should look terrific with your seersucker, and I would think they'd be a natural for any cotton poplin from mid-olive to anything lighter, such as tan. I automatically think of these paired with a suit, or at least a sport jacket and dress slacks because they're so nice. And I think anything that is mid-tonal to lighter can look great with them. Earthtones, olive, greys and even mid blues. One exception to wearing them with lighter colors would likely be among earthtones. I could see these looking great with the right chocolate brown.

Enjoy them!

ElPresidente likes this.
  4. Orsini

Orsini Honors Member

United States
    California
    Lawndale
    Good deal!

5. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Those Spectators are absolutely stunning and to my eyes, were made to go with seersucker; trousers, sport coat, or the whole shebang...a suit! At $100, it appears to me that yopu got a real deal! ;)

6. orange fury

orange fury Honors Member

United States
    Texas
    Houston
    Beautiful shoes! You could wear them with basically anything summery. I typically wear mine (AE Broadstreets) with seersucker and linen
    IMG_4705.jpg IMG_4707.jpg