Gieves & Hawkes bespoke

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Notik, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Notik

Notik Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Had a 2nd fitting this past week for a lightweight, dark navy / midnight suit. It's my first G&H bespoke. It was very nice. I was a little concerned at the first fitting: the shoulders were rather straight and stiff and the coat lacked shape. At the second fitting, the shoulders had been reduced, the jacket had a very nice shape, and was very fitted, which is what I was looking for. The quality of the workmanship was very high. Very British with hacking pockets, a ticket pocket, double vents, etc. Will try to post pictures once it's complete. Next and last fitting will be in June.

2. Dolle Dolf

Dolle Dolf Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Great, by all means show us the piccies :)

3. archduke

archduke Senior Member

Notik

Can you say how you came to choose G&H over, say, Kilgour? Was it through the recommendations of this forum, or anyone else? And did you spend some time with G&H before deciding?

4. Notik

Notik Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Actually, it was very hard to find information, good or bad, on G&H. They are often mentioned but infrequently discussed on the various SR threads. Super 80s, though, was a positive reference on AAAC. I probably did less diligence than I should have. I did meet with G&H during a trip to Boston and liked them and the quality of their work.

5. medwards

medwards Honored Professor<br>Moderator, All Forums

United States
    DC
    Washington
    We'll be very interested in your experiences. Bespoke is now a rather small part of Gieves & Hawkes' operations, constituting some 20 percent of its revenue. But they do turn out some 700 suits a year, which remains a significant part (10 pencent) of Savile Row's bespoke product.