Does this pocket square go well?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by MovingForward, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Charles Dana

Charles Dana Advanced Member

United States
    California
    San Francisco
    You're welcome!

A blue/silver striped tie. That's a good choice.

MovingForward likes this.
  2. JBierly

JBierly Advanced Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    And this one reminds me of some early 70s light machine. The more I read this thread the more I think solid tie, white PS.

3. EclecticSr.

EclecticSr. Super Member

United States
    New York
    Coram
    The shirt in your photo has a pattern, skip that and go with solid white double cuff as mentioned earlier. A muted blue/silver,--blue/gray hounds tooth or POW tie and white PS. It's a wedding, not a venue to get too colorful.

4. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Pattern? :icon_scratch:

[​IMG]

5. EclecticSr.

EclecticSr. Super Member

United States
    New York
    Coram
    I was referring to the shirt worn with suit he posted, I should have lumped in the solid blue as well. My bad :(. I'm still in favor of solid white, thanks though for pointing that out.

6. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    OK, guys, I know I'm senile, but I've just reread every post by the OP on this thread again, and I can't find his reference to a wedding. Could someone furnish the post number?
    I agree that white is probably first choice.

I was confused initially too, as I only read the OP, rather than the OP's subsequent posts in which he specified it was to be worn to a wedding, though considering what I've seen worn to weddings, a plain pail blue shirt is still plenty dressy. And I hadn't read the initial post well enough anyway, as I missed the navy suit as opposed to the grey suit depicted. o_O

7. MovingForward

MovingForward Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Texas
    Laredo
    I added wedding to the op just now. Sorry about that.

The suit depicted is supposed to be navy in color. At least that was what came out when selecting navy at the Men’s Wearhouse website.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  8. MovingForward

United States
    Texas
    Laredo
    I found this dress shirt from Macy's and it fits me well. Would a spread collar be appropriate for a wedding? I'm thinking more so than a point collar. Also, my face is oval shaped so not sure if it will flatter it, and that it would be best for me to stick with dress shirts with a point collar.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/calvin-klein-steel-mens-slim-fit-non-iron-performance-herringbone-french-cuff-dress-shirt?ID=3145429&pla_country=US&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120156340009204694&CAAGID=25649716745&CATCI=aud-325772346175:pla-381727106845&cm_mmc=Google_Mens_PLA-_-Men's+Apparel+-+Calvin+Klein+-+GS_Dress+Shirts-_-101496826025-_-pg9097452_c_kclickid_21cdb0a3-553b-4d63-bc5d-60e2899551eb&trackingid=403x9097452&catargetid=120156340021640872&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKCAjw1ZbaBRBUEiwA4VQCIZY3ykEEKOxiwkV8RpQIFXI74zoE6kPyVKNeSmGpfOOdbg_5lIxP8BoC7JoQAvD_BwE
    [​IMG]

I also found this one below which is double the price, but seems to be better quality and fits me well also. It has a smooth twill weave. It's collar is not as spread as the one above.

https://www.menswearhouse.com/shirt...uomo-white-french-cuff-dress-shirt-5P075P0801

[​IMG]

Which of the two would you recommend? I have been able to try both on and they both fit me well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  9. EclecticSr.

EclecticSr. Super Member

United States
    New York
    Coram
    I would opt for the first one, the second one it appears has a pocket and the general opinion is that they are less dressy. But either collar works.

10. MovingForward

United States
    Texas
    Laredo
    Great! Thank you.